“Hiden treasure”

Art Cafe El Colibri
Cuisines: Czech, Central American, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We offer: ■ Painting classes with skilled local painters ■ A cup painting to support a special educational project ■ Restaurant – café with free WIFI connection ■ Art gallery ■ Accommodation with private bathroom and hot showers ■ Laundry service ■ Night entertainment – live music, disco, karaoke, movie projections or campfires ■ Salsa lessons ■ Private group events and celebrations
New Zealand
“Hiden treasure”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I found Art Cafe El Colibri while walking around San Pedro and exploring its streets and pathways. I was lucky to find such a wonderful place. Art Cafe is hidden in a garden having very peaceful and lovely atmosphere. This is a perfect place to enjoy the moment and relax. I ordered crepes for my breakfast. One of the best crepes I have ever eaten! Definitely this place became my favorite place in the town.
Domingo is amazing person - very intelligent, friendly and positive. I really enjoyed having chat with him while seating on a sofa in a shadow of the trees. He is very attentive and provides with a lot of information about the area.
Absolutely incredible cafe! Tasty food, great atmosphere and wonderful people.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank likeanair

Antigua, Guatemala
“We frequented alot”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We had friends renting a room from Domingo for about month. He runs a good little place that doesn't get the attention it deserves. I recommend stopping by for a drink, cafe or a beer and have a chat with one of the most informational and nicest guys around San Pedro.

Guatemala City, Guatemala
“A peaceful paradise midst the crazy and tourist crowded Barrio Gringo”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our first impression of San Pedro was that not like something we had expected, since a lot of the places (at least near the harbour) were crowded by western travellers and most of the places owned and run by them as well (many of them weren't even able to speak some basic spanish).

Luckily , we found our way to El Colibri after a recommendation from a traveller we met in Ciudad de Guatemala. Here we found a tranquil haven which made us forget about the other crazy places and drunk people.

Domingo is a very warm and inspiring person that runs a business not only for his own profit. Instead he wants to give back to his community and especially the younger generations by making it possible for them to study at the university by his scholarship project. We wish we had known about the acommodation options before we booked another hostel in San Pedro.

If you want to enjoy well cooked meals and at the same time support a local business that contributes to the community in San Pedro, this is the place you should definitively visit.

Warning: The dogs at El Colibri are very adorable and once you start playing with them, it is impossible to stop =).

K & T

• Visited January 2014
New Orleans
“Peaceful and Charming”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

My friend and I stumbled upon Art Cafe while roaming around the quiet part of San Pedro. We hadn't intended to stop, but it was so peaceful and charming that we found ourselves lingering about until a neighbor brought Domingo over. Domingo made us cappuccino's and we talked and played with his dogs while we enjoyed them. Domingo is a lovely person and the cafe is absolutely charming!

• Visited November 2013
Alajuela, Costa Rica
“Delicious but be prepared to wait”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We decided to have a nice brunch for our last day in San Pedro. Unfortunately this meant that we had a shuttle to catch so Art Cafe El Colibri was a poor choice for us on that day. But the garden and surroundings were really lovely and if we'd had time to relax I think we'd have enjoyed it a lot more. The crepes I had were awesome, but I think that the strawberries used as a garnish may have made me sick, as I experienced the worse stomach cramps while we were travelling on the shuttle and then overnight bus up to Tikal...I have really learned my lesson about restricting what I eat before a long journey now!

• Visited October 2013