We were delighted with Lomas de Tzununá, which is advertised accurately as “a view with a room.” The hotel sits on a high bluff overlooking the lake and everywhere there are great views: from the guest rooms, the dining room, even the pool. The rooms are simple, modern and clean, with nice bathrooms. Of course, the main attraction of each room is the balcony and the view of the lake and the surrounding volcanos. It’s a great place to relax. The short and invigorating walk to the village of Tzununá will give you an insight into many aspects of Guatemalan life. The hotel’s owner, Thierry, is Belgian, so the restaurant menu has a European flair as well as offering Guatemalan dishes. The hotel and the restaurant are reasonably priced, the food is excellent, and there is a good assortment of wines. If you’re lucky, Thierry will play guitar in the evening. Make sure the water taxi driver knows to drop you at the hotel’s own dock. There is an intercom at the dock to call the hotel; their staff will carry your bags while you climb the 350 stairs to the hotel. It’s worth it. (You can also arrange to be picked up at the Tzununá town dock and enjoy a ride to the hotel.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomas de Tzununa is located in Tzununa (Municipalily of Santa Cruz La Laguna), Lake Atitlan. The Hotel has 10 rooms all with wonderful views on the Lake Atitlan and its villages, private bathrooms and a private balcony. Lomas de Tzununa has a restaurant (national and international food), wi fi internet connection in public areas, swimming pool and access to the Lake Atitlan. We also rent kayaks and have a private boat for trips arround the Lake.There are eleven Tuc Tuc (moto Taxi) available at Tzununa's main pier to come up (they charge Q 15 per person). We have a permaculture project above the hotel were we produce some of the vegetables, herbs and all the eggs we serve at the hotel. We have a new big room that we just built we can host workshops (Yoga, Qi Gong, Meditation), planing meetings for businesses, Conferences, Courses, small weddings, and so on! Come and enjoy spectacular views and wonderful hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lomas de Tzununa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomas De Tzununa Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Lomas De Tzununa Guatemala/Lake Atitlan