This hotel has the greatest views of the lake ,but you should be ready to pay a price for it. For us it was not the good place if you had only 2-3 days . Hotel is 20 minutes boat ride from Pana which is the center city and main location there is not way to get by land from Pana - only by boat . So, you take the public boat you will be pushed into A very small boat with crowded locals carrying all their staff and if lake is not calm as it happened very often than expect all your staff to get wet as it happened to us. Our suitcase was soaking wet from the waives that came in the boat. If it rains as it happened to us the day after , and you are at the front of the boat be ready again to get totaly wet as boat is very partly covered . After such an experience we only used a private boat which cost us a lot of money ( about 20$ per each ride compared to 3 $ on the public one.
Than when you reach the pier be ready to clime 350 steps(the hotel staff will carry the bags for you). For us it was a good exercise but I know it's not for all.
There is another option to get down at the village and call the hotel to pick you up which they charge for it a small fee. ( I think charging for such a service is not wise and should be offered as a service)
The rooms are big but no TV or phone in the room so if you need anything from the hotel staff you have to call by mobile or clime again more stairs from our room it was another 70 stairs to the reception and dining room. Amenities in the room are very poor and there was not even shampo in the room.
Be ready that after 17:00 there is no services of boats so you are to stay at the hotel and you can Only have dinner in hotel.
The food is good and owner Tierry is a very nice Belgium guy who is taking care of the guests and even plays in guitar at the evening dinner.
The service of all staff was very good and people are very nice.
So if you want just to relax in the hotel with beautiful views that's a good place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lomas de Tzununa is located in Tzununa (Municipalily of Santa Cruz La Laguna), Lake Atitlan. The Hotel has 10 rooms all with wonderful views on the Lake Atitlan and its villages, private bathrooms and a private balcony. Lomas de Tzununa has a restaurant (national and international food), wi fi internet connection in public areas, swimming pool and access to the Lake Atitlan. We also rent kayaks and have a private boat for trips arround the Lake.There are eleven Tuc Tuc (moto Taxi) available at Tzununa's main pier to come up (they charge Q 15 per person). We have a permaculture project above the hotel were we produce some of the vegetables, herbs and all the eggs we serve at the hotel. We have a new big room that we just built we can host workshops (Yoga, Qi Gong, Meditation), planing meetings for businesses, Conferences, Courses, small weddings, and so on! Come and enjoy spectacular views and wonderful hospitality! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Lomas de Tzununa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lomas De Tzununa Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Lomas De Tzununa Guatemala/Lake Atitlan