Villa Sumaya
$240
  • Breakfast included
Hotel IslaVerde(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
$56
  • Restaurant
Hotel el Arca de Noe(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
$46
$175
$128
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
La Fortuna at Atitlan(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
  • Beachfront
Posada Schumann(San Marcos La Laguna)
All reviewsretreat centeryoga retreatpersonal retreatchickenlife changinglake atitlangroup retreathealing artsyoga facilitiesmagical placenooks and crannieshot tubeach mealspa treatmentsyoga roombeautiful retreatspent a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I stayed at this place and it is beautiful!! The view is amazing, the staff very welcoming, the food is DELICIOUS (even for non-vegetarian people, I guarantee you won't miss meat) The terrace where they serve every meal is AMAZING! The dock where I sat and read was beautiful. Very worth it to check it out!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Owner, Wendy, is loving and has a lot to share with others. Staff were friendly and the views are amazing. There are plenty of places to relax outside of your room. The hikes around the resort are beautiful. I was thrilled to visit!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I recently participated in a retreat at Villa Sumaya. The location is extraordinarily magical. I stayed in #9, at the top of the hill and had a view of the lake and the 2 volcanoes that envelope it. The staff were professional, the vegetarian cuisine superb, the facility clean and inviting. Thank you for a wonderful stay. I completely recommend spending some Mother Earth time at this beautiful retreat centre.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank marh137
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I found this retreat center online and scheduled to facilitate a retreat there. The photos I'd seen were beautiful, but did not compare to this wonderful place which is truly a place to retreat from the stresses of life. The physical surroundings are breathtaking, the sleeping accomodations are comfortable and soothing. There are 2 different options. There is an older one story building closer to the lake and each room has an outdoor seating area, some with hammocks but all with chairs or small sofas.. a great place to sit and read or meditate or whatever. The newer building is beautiful and each room has a balcony with great views. Either location is great, just different and all with great views. The staff is wonderful and very attentive. The food is vegetarian and well prepared and delicious. The only mistake we made was to schedule outings away from the Villa... a couple would have been fine but many women did too much and probably just sitting still would have been more restorative, but there is much to see around the lake so it is tempting... The yoga rooms are amazing and the energy of the lake is powerful and soothing. The healers that the VS uses are very talented and all of our particants had massages or energy healings or other services and all were very satisfied and grateful. We felt very well taken care of in this wonderful place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Travelover1214
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Villa Samaya in March 2009. This review is long overdue, but I had made a New Year's resolution to start reviewing on Tripadvisor since I use it (and totally rely on it) all the time. And I want to put in a good word about any place I've stayed in the past that has left a positive or memorable impression on me and Villa Sumaya was that type of place.

We stayed in Lotus House which had its own balcony and an amazing view of the lake. I think the room was probably newly constructed. It was immaculately clean, tastefully decorated and the bed was super comfortable. The yoga studio was beautiful and open with a great view of the volcano, the dining areas cozy (internet access, too if I remember correctly), etc...

We did not go for a retreat, but took several yoga classes. I wish I could remember the name of the yoga instructor because she was wonderful, especially since it was my bf's first time doing yoga and I'm really glad it was a positive experience for him.

When I originally made my plans, I was going to be traveling alone so I was a little nervous and had a ton of questions, which Lizzie so patiently and promptly replied to, which I really appreciated.

Anyway, after looking at all of our pictures to spark my memory I have a sudden desire to book another trip to Villa Sumaya.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple