“Great kayaks from very knowledgeable and welcoming people”

Los Elementos Adventure Center
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan Guatemala. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos Adventure Center and Day Spay and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations. Concierge service and all inclusive packages are our specialty. Custom and taylor made tours to your specific interests.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We rented kayaks from Lee last week - the boats were great, and Lee and Elaine have lots of information about where to go and what to do in the area. Had we been at Lake Atitlan longer we would have made more use of their services! I definitely recommend them.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"guatemala city"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed June 6, 2009

My family and I spent a month last summer in Santa Cruz and had an amazing summer. We rented kayak from Los Elementos and explored the lake, venture the wind with the sailboat and hiked up to Solola with Lee. The lake view from this hike is the best. It is worth the sweat, trust me... Lee and Elaine hospitality made our vacation memorable. They are great resource for the area since they are knowed by locals and foreigners.
Make sure if you see Lee has him about the ''Zampopos''.
Eric, Josette, Alex and Amélie Therrien (Nova Scotia, Canada)

Reviewed May 21, 2009

When I got to San Marcos to stay for a year, I knew I wanted to arrange a long term kayak rental - a good boat at a reasonable price. I had a difficult time finding kayaks that weren't beat up or neglected, and the prices seemed more in line with the hourly rates than a discounted monthly rate. A friend in town told my about Lee & Elaine, and I headed straight over...they are totally accommodating on every level...let me choose any boat I liked, and weren't discouraged when I took the double kayak that rents our more than all the others, and made me an offer that was more than reasonable. Lee sent me off with 4 lifejackets, two of them brand new, so that my entire family would be outfitted...It really was the perfect rental experience. In fact, it's made me more interested in the other services they provide. Elaine's reputation as a fantastic masseuse is spreading fast, so that'll most likely be my next stop. Good solid people, new dependable kayaks, and reasonable on the business front. ANd if you were interested in doing a tour of the lake with a guide, they'd definitely be the ones.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

My husband and I got married at the lake Atitlan last weekend. Lee from Los Elementos brought over Kayaks for our guests at Villa Sumaya, and it was such an amazing experience to kayak at the lake!! Lee took out my little nephew for a ride on a canoe, towed his boat behind his big boat, and my nephew had so much fun!! Their tour service on the lake is really great also. Their boat is really luxe. YOu can step right onto the boat unlike the other boats that you have to step down to. If you want a premium tour experience of the Lake, Los Elementos Adventure Center is a place to go!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 14, 2009

Los Elementos Adventure Center is a must-stop on Lake Atitlan. Lee Beal, the biligual (English & Spanish) owner, an adventurous sort, will supply you with kayak rentals, guided kayak tours and guided hikes to heights that are breathtaking yet accessible. Best of all, he offers lake tours on a pontoon boat that is the closest thing to travelling in a living room. A resident of the lake for years, he knows the villages and shares his knowledge generously. You could not ask for better guidance or a more affable approach from a business owner. I cannot wait until I can return for more adventures!