“Great experience with Lee and Sam for our Honeymoon trip”

Los Elementos Adventure Center
Book In Advance
More Info
$91.99*
and up
Lake Atitlan: Upper Mayan Trail from Antigua or Panajachel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan Guatemala. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos Adventure Center and Day Spay and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations. Concierge service and all inclusive packages are our specialty. Custom and taylor made tours to your specific interests.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience with Lee and Sam for our Honeymoon trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

My wife and I got married in Guatemala and spent 4 days at Lake Atitlan. Lee and his guide Sam showed up around and made sure we had a GREAT time. Lee took us to ChiChi market and Utatlan and gave us lots of background information on the Mayan culture and history. This was a full day trip and was awesome. The next day his guide Sam took us on a hike of the Upper Mayan trail (which was also amazing). We took lunch at the market in Solela and then hiked down to the caves above Panahachel. On the next Sam took us around the lake on the 3 Village tour. This time we got to hang out with another couple and Sam showed all of us around. That tour was great (San Juan being our favorite). On our last day we were taken around to the less visited part of the lake - towards Santa Catarina. Lee and his guides listened to what we wnated to do and tailored the tours to our needs (hiking, sightseeing, eating great local food, etc). This was a GREAT experience and we strongly recommends Lee and his guides.

Visited December 2013

Denver, Colorado
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Lee did a great job at customizing our activities to exactly what we wanted! Kayaking and biking around Lake Atitlan was so fun and so beautiful! Alex was a fantastic guide--very kind, fun and interesting to talk and learn from! I definitely recommend planning your trip to Atitlan through them!

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Wonderful team, excellent organization -”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

For my first time in Guatemala and as a solo traveler, I decided to book the 7-day multi-sport excursion with Lee. From my very first email to the last day, he was extremely trustable, responsive and flexible. We first defined my schedule and activities upfront, but then every day was very adjustable and I got to choose other options and change/swap things.

During my time at the lake, I stayed at La Iguana Perdida, a cute hostel/hotel near his house, where I could meet other travelers. Since Lee also offers daily tours/hikes, other people were joining us on my activities and I always had a great time.

Lee is patient, considerate, and so knowledgeable. He is very involved in the community of Santa Cruz (he manages a school/social center, up in the village). Sam, Alex and Anita, his 3 guides, as well as Elaine, his wife, are all thoughtful, adorable people, and above all, passionate about what they do and about their country.

Even though travelling alone is not easy, I felt comfortable very quickly and at the end of the week, it was hard to leave such a great team and atmosphere.

Philadelphia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Definitely the go-to place for great Lake Atitlan adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Viewing the chorus of glowing reviews in this listing, it hardly seems that the indefatigable Lee Beal and his cohort of energetic local guides really need yet another rousing endorsement from us. Yet it would be unthinkable for me not to take advantage of any opportunity to thank them publicly for the beyond-the-call help and support that they gave my wife and I on our recent trip through Guatemala. Our initial contact with Lee came through George Sansoucy of George's Travel Club in Antigua. George assured us that we could do no better than to place ourselves in Lee's capable hands for anything at or around Lake Atitlan, and he was right. Lee unerringly took us to the places and people that really interested us, regaling us with stories from his vast store of fascinating experiences in Guatemala that were always right on target. For example, when we first met Lee at Chichicastenango, he immediately uncovered our interest in antique local textiles, provided us with some background about how to shop for them, and took us directly to the best stall in this gargantuan sprawling marketplace, personally introducing us to its very knowledgeable owner. Lee's young local guides, who he is training as a way of creating new jobs in the local Mayan communities, were, like Lee himself, enthusiastic, warmth, kind, and a font of knowledge about what life is like in modern Guatemala. Spending time with each of them was a great cultural experience in itself, on top of the many wonders they showed us. Toward the end of our time at the lake, Lee even invited us over to his house for drinks, and showed us several longer-term rental options nearby suitable for our next trip to the area. Lee, we'll definitely be back!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Cloudhill
Austin, Texas
“Lee Beal with Los Elementos Adventure Center is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Lee and his associates took me and my family on three days of amazing adventures in and around Lake Atitlan! We got the complete Lake Atitlan experience from Mayan villages, hiking, shopping, restaurants, local foods, lake swimming, Mayan folklore, rituals, languages and culture. Getting around included the complete array of local transportation including boat, tuk tuk, van, back of a pickup, and a chicken bus. Lee truly cares about the people, cultures and places in his adopted country, and as a result, his tours are in-depth and genuine. The entire family found the experience truly fascinating!!