“Best place on Lake Atitlan!”

Los Elementos Adventure Center
$18.98*
Ground Transfer: Antigua Hotel to Panajachel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan Guatemala. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos Adventure Center and Day Spay and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations. Concierge service and all inclusive packages are our specialty. Custom and taylor made tours to your specific interests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed here in August of 2011 (yes, I'm lazy and finally getting around to writing this) anyway, we stayed for 3 days and could not have asked for a better time! Lee and Elaine went out of their way to make our stay comfortable and amazing. We rock climbed, hike, swam, kayaked and took a tour of the lake. The lake tour is A MUST DO! They cooked for us, food was amazing, and they are just awesome people to talk and hang out with. Hoping I get to come back and spend more time!

There are newer reviews for Los Elementos Adventure Center

Reviewed March 13, 2013

I was so pleased with the service and friendliness of Lee Beal, his wife Elaine, and tour guide Sam! They took the time to make sure my friend and I experienced the whole area of Lake Atitlan and had an absolute blast doing it. We arrived on a Wednesday night and that's when I contacted Lee. He responded immediately and made sure everything was set for the next couple of days. I most definitely want to return to Guatemala and her people, and to see these fine folks again. Thank you for the fantastic time!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

At my wife's urging, we hired Lee and one of his Mayan guides (a personable and knowledgeable 28 yr. old) for a day long adventure. I had thought that we didn't need a guide, as we were doing some hiking on our own. I was wrong. We went up to Santa Maria in the hills by vehicle and explored that town, and then went for a new hike above Santa Cruz in a river valley. Probably 40 stream crossings as the stream constantly crossed the trail. Lee is sharp and interesting, and works hard. We recommend him highly.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Lee was our local guide during part of a group trip to Guatemala. He is an American who has decided to make his home in a Mayan Village on Lake Atitlan and has been living there for several years. He obviously loves his adopted home and has been accepted as a trusted friend by his Guatemalan neighbors. It was a pleasure to travel with Lee, as he shared his knowledge of recent Guatemalan history, his love of Guatemala and insight into the lives of the people who live there.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Lee Beal was our group's excellent guide for several days as we traveled by bus and boat throughout Guatemala. The highlight was the boat trip to the village of San Juan on the shore of Lake Atitlan. Lee has a home on this beautiful lake, with his wife Elaine, and is a welcomed friend by the Guatemalan people. Obtaining an insight into the cooperative spirit of this town was inspiring. Wherever Lee guides you in Guatemala will be an exciting adventure.

Bob and Julie Gorn