“wonderful tour with a great guide!”

Los Elementos Adventure Center
$18.98*
Ground Transfer: Antigua Hotel to Panajachel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Your base camp for exploring Lake Atitlan Guatemala. Choose from kayak excursions, hiking the mountains surrounding the lake, or by private tour boat. You can find an adventure that suits your interest and level of activity. We are family friendly and ready to help you have a unique holiday experience.We specialize in offering experiences that will let you learn about the Mayan culture and meet many of the locals whom we have come to know. The Mayan people are very proud of their cultural past and they enjoying sharing their efforts to keep it alive and strong today. We can also help arrange a custom itinerary for all or part of your Guatemalan travels.We have started Los Elementos Adventure Center and Day Spay and Kayak Guatemala as a way of creating jobs for locals and supporting our non-profit Amigos de Santa Cruz. One of the big challenges of life in Guatemala is to improve the lives of the local people. Amigos de Santa Cruz is focused on improving the education and nutrition of the Mayan. We also support Mayan Medical Aid, which focus' on providing medical aid. Any tour or excursion you arrange will help support these non-profit organizations. Concierge service and all inclusive packages are our specialty. Custom and taylor made tours to your specific interests.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Sacramento, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wonderful tour with a great guide!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I signed up for the 7 day multisport package with Lee Beal. Lee and Elaine were the perfect hosts. We stayed at their casita where we had privacy, great food, and a perfect view of the lake. Lee is a great guide, cultural attache, and fixer. He sized us up the first day and customized the tour to maximize our enjoyment. In keeping with our motto of "most beauty for the least effort" - we had a great time hiking DOWN the mayan trails instead of up. We got to stop and look at flowers and birds. We enjoyed kayaking and boating around to the small villages, and hiked some of the trails around the lake. Lee has great stories about the area and the people. He obviously loves his home at Lake Atitlan and enjoys introducing visitors to his community. We met the people of the the small villages, the markets, and the schools. We shopped the textiles and watched weavers. We ate local and we ate well. We even had gourmet cheese and chocolate ice cream. We were very well cared for as Lee handled everything from when we stepped off the plane at Guatemala City til we went home. It was like vacationing with a favorite cousin.
we are looking forward to returning next year!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank janeandroger99

Boston, Massachusetts
“Getting a close look at Guatemalans' life in the mountains above Lake Atitlan”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I spent two weeks on beautiful Lake Atitlan (in a house a friend and I had rented) and visited many villages on the lake, using the lanchas to go from one to the other.
But I was hungry for a different experience and a feel for the mountains, so I contacted Lee and signed up for a day with him. It was one of the most memorable days I spent in Guatemala, as we visited many out-of-the-way places, such as the village of San Jorge and Conception. We also saw an amazing Mayan ceremony in one of the caves at 1200 feet above the lake, from where we had a magnificent view of the lake. We explored the Solola market, with Lee sharing a lot of information with us on all the food being sold, and the Guatemalans’ living habits. Very informative! We then drove through maize and vegetable fields, coffee fields, and old growth forest. We could see villagers gathering onions and putting them in sheafs in order to sell them in the market. All throughout the day, I felt I was getting a very close view of daily Guatemalan daily life. It was great!

Besides me (and Lee), there was just one couple from California on that tour, so it was a very intimate group, which helped getting this sense of closeness to the culture around us. And there was also Sam, a young Guatemalan man from Panajachel (whose fluency in English astonished me) whom Lee was training to be a guide. He was great too, as he added his wonderful native perspective to the mix.

All in all, an excellent day! I recommend Lee and his many other offerings.

Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic and eventful day”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

My husband and I booked a tour with Lee Beal ahead of time here in U.S. to take us around for the day. He picked us up at our hotel in Santa Catarina and took us for a nice cup of coffee and a local store in Panajachel that had freshly baked cinnamon rolls. We then started the day with some kayaking in Santa Cruz. Lee took a bunch of pictures of my husband and I kayaking. Next, we went on a long hike around different villages and Lee showed us a lot of cool places around the those villages including some local art galleries and a woman's co-op. Towards the end of the day, while we were waiting for a boat to pick us up to take us back, we were just relaxing and hanging out having a beer with Lee. Overall, this day was a lot of fun and we had no regrets! Lee was very down to earth and very knowledgeable on Lake Atitlan.

Bellevue, Washington
“Spend time with Lee and Elaine Beal on Lake Atitlan!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2011

My husband and two daughters, ages 10 and 11, spent a day with Elaine and Lee Beal and had a wonderful time! We went swimming, kayaking, rock climbing and relaxed. Elaine and Lee couldn't have been more hospitable or knowledgeable hosts. Elaine prepared a lovely lunch for us while we were at their home. Having done a number of outdoor sports, my husband and I noticed that Lee was very safety conscious. If you are reading this and thinking about a trip to Guatemala, don't miss Lake Atitlan nor time with Elaine and Lee Beal!

noosa
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great location on Lake Atitilan and terrific tour”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We are about to come to the end of our week long stay at Lee and Elaine's Los Elementos Centre, in Santa Cruz la Laguna. Today has been another typical day of kayaking around the lake and chilling out in the outdoor living area of the Casita we have been staying in.

It has been a fabulous and really interesting place to stay. We have loved having access to the kayaks whenever we wanted to, informal chats with Lee and Elaine about Guatemala, reading informative books that were in the casita about this fascinating country and the Mayan culture.

We also went with Lee on a one day tour to San Juan and San Pedro by boat, then hiked back to Los Elementos from San Marcos. We got to meet local artists and artisans, eat lunch in a local restaurant, and hike through the mountainous hillside. Lee is very well informed and has a lovely relationship with the locals. It was a really enjoyable day.

You can swim in the lake at the bottom of the property and it is crystal clear and fresh.There are also some good restaurants a short walk away if you don't feel like cooking including Casa Rosa where we enjoyed a wonderful meal. It is an easy ride on the public boats to Panajachel, which we have taken a couple of times for some shopping etc.

The casita is not luxurious but was good value and had everything we needed and as the boathouse where the boys were going to be sleeping is now underwater our boys were able to stay in a lovely room with two double beds in the main house.

You will find more glamorous accommodation on the Lake, but I cannot imagine being in a better spot. And having Lee and Elaine on site made a huge difference to our time here.