I found this lodge randomly on Google.com. My husband & I wanted to relax for a night before going back to Guatemala City from Antigua. We decided to stay here instead of Panajachel. The pictures & reviews of this place were wonderful. So I did the initial contact with Juan Manuel (the manager) He's very prompt and easy to work with. We exchanged some emails, he sent me the Paypal link for the payment (prepare to pay in advance as soon as possible. This place is quite popular, if you don't put down a deposit/pay the room when it's due, they'll give it to other folks, which is fair). Juan Manuel confirmed via email that we are booked. So we took a shared shuttle from Antigua to Tzanjuyu dock in Panajachel (easy to find). Call Laguna Lodge 10 min before arriving so they can send a boat to pick you up. The pick up/drop off service is free. It took about 15 minutes of wonderful boat ride to get to the lodge. It's a beautiful property. The view of the mountains & the lake was heavenly. The room, the jacuzzi, the palapa, sun bathing deck, etc are so beautiful. They food is vegetarian only, but delicious. We had a nice hike at the reserve to watch the sunset, and had a candle light dinner that night. What a wonderful stay. The next morning we went back to Guatemala City with a great memory of Lake Atitlan. We will come back again but next time we'll be staying more than 1 night. One important thing, the staff at this place was so great, polite and helpful. We met the owners too. Wonderful people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan