I have travelled in many high end resorts in the caribean and pacific and I want to take my hat off to Mayah and Jeffro. This is a great resort. It is a perfect combination of beautifull scenery, luxery surroundings, great food and friendly staff. This is great value for the quality level of the food, lodgings and location.
The resort itself is beautifully built and decorated with attention to detail. The view is incredible. The area is nice too......the park that they have created has great trails with stunning views. A nice way to pass a morning. There's kayaking and cliff jumping for more fun (keep your legs together for the big jump).
I applaud Mayah and Jeffro (the owners) for keeping their principles and having an eco resort with many eco features and having the credibility to have a food menu that matches the ecological and sustainable principles they hold. I personally saw the gardens where our dinner came from and it was very reasuring that when they say they grow your food....it is not just a token thing....it is core to what they do. I don't see how a customer could go here and not consider eating vegetarian more often with the level of food provided.It is exciting to find a resort that wears it's principles on it's sleeve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan