Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve
Hotel el Arca de Noe(Santa Cruz La Laguna)(Great Value!)
$27
$180
$128
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Lush Atitlan(San Marcos La Laguna)
  • Restaurant
La Fortuna at Atitlan(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
  • Beachfront
Villa Sumaya(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Hotel IslaVerde(Santa Cruz La Laguna)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Posada Schumann(San Marcos La Laguna)
All reviewslake atitlanvegetarian menusanta cruzhot tubprivate boatamazing viewsguatemala cityboat driverattention to detailour honeymoonwater taxiset menuevery mealsmall hotelbeautiful placefell in loveevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My mom, sister and I stayed in the Jaguar suite, highly recommended for the views from the balcony. There were three of us, so they brought in an extra bed. They seemed surprised that there were three of us, even though we told them ahead of time. We were charged an extra $50 each night, but they quickly setup the bed.

We loved hanging out in the common sitting areas. Unbelievable views and it's so quiet.

We had breakfast twice at the hotel, and it was very good. We never ate lunch a the hotel. We did eat dinner each night. The food is a little pricey, but it's delicious. We ate all four courses most nights, but you have the option to only have soup/salad for example--or order from the lunch menu. I was surprised how long it took to cook dinner and to bring out each course. (Sometimes 30 min between courses). But they do make all the food fresh that night from the garden...and we enjoyed the opportunity to relax.

Being an "authentic Guatelmalan" building means none of the doors to the outside are completely sealed. This lead to us going after quite a few large spiders in our room, usually 1-3 each night.

The rooms don't have a/c, but you definitely didn't need it when we were there. The temperature in and outside of the rooms was perfect.

Not all of the employees speak English, so I enjoyed the opportunity to work on my Spanish.

Room Tip: Ask for the Jaguar suite or one that's on the top level, so that you can get the sweeping views of the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We only stayed one night and wished, from the minute we arrived, we could have stayed a little longer... The hotel is tucked into the mountain, overlooking the lake and volcanoes. Unique views and unique hotel. The hotel is a pure gem with only 6 rooms, peaceful and quiet, their dedicated staff is simply the nicest, the organic food is worth the wait, and you cannot leave without going for the hike!
We already miss the sunset views and we'll definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Super nice location with nature hike just behind the property. Really enjoyed this.
The staff were friendly and made sure we were happy. The place is very peaceful and I wish that I had longer time to stay there. The view overlooking the lake was amazing.
Now onto the food, it was much better than I could have imagined, some of the best Veggie Food I have ever had, we both enjoyed our dinners here. After dinner we partook in the Hot Tub with a drink and relaxed!
I usually stay in more budget type places but decided to treat myself and my girlfriend and this was a great place for us to unwind and take in the view.
I highly recommend everyone to go stay there.

Regards

Jerome and Jenniffer

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Globelife76
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is very beautiful. I am glad that we got to experience it. The relaxation areas and nature walks were wonderful. The dinning room was lovely as well. And I very much enjoyed our view and balcony area. But I think it would have been softer to sleep on the floor rather than the rock hard beds. We actually had to take the blankets off the beds and double them up to lay on top of them just so we wouldn't wake up with sore hips or shoulders. I wish they would get mattress tops or something. I would not go again, just for that reason.

Room Tip: Try not to get one of the two rooms on the first floor. You won't have as much privacy with people who are on the lake deck.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LagunaLodge, Manager at Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thank for visiting Laguna Lodge and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay overall. We are always improving our guest experience and appreciate your comments. While all of our beds are of the highest hotel quality, the Pato Poc suites double beds are firmer than the king beds in the other suites. We are sorry this was not to your liking and will be adding a pillow top to these beds so it will be enjoyed by all guests whether a firm of soft bed is preferred.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in a row in Nov.2012. The manager, Juan Manuel, leads a great time in terms of Customer Service. We really felt like in home.
Being a luxurious hotel, we got even more than expected considering their rates.
Beautiful and spacious rooms, uncomparable views towards the lake and its surrounding volcanoes, very good vegetarian food (eggs and milk products included in their menu).
The Jaguar suite is great and I really recommend to walk through their natural reserve up to the hill, you will have the most amazing views from the top... try to do it early in the morning and you will feel like in heaven.

For getting there, you can take the public boat from Panajachel and just tell the driver that you are going to Laguna Lodge in Santa Cruz, it will take less than 30 minutes to get there.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple