it's really difficult to find anything not tip-top with this hotel. the staff was amazing from the time we showed up on the dock at panajachel to the time we left. in fact, when we did leave after our short 3 day stay it felt like we were leaving our family to go off to college or something - it was such a homey atmosphere and we really enjoyed ourselves. the owners are hands on and super friendly too.
the room we stayed in was very well appointed with an amazing patio, and views of the lake and volcanoes. the bed was comfy and the lounger on the patio was a great place to relax. the constant, unlimited supply of filtered drinking water was a really nice touch too.
the dinner each night was absolutely amazing. what they can do with a plate of vegetables really blew my mind. the only slight negative was the price - at $40 per plate, it's like we were back in NYC, but honestly i've never had such a good vegetarian meal. i'd be happier if the dinner was in the $25 - $30 range but overall, i can't say enough about the quality of the kitchen at the hotel.
the hotel is in a really peaceful location, with plenty of day trips around the lake available. the hotel's private boat is always an option but there's also a public boat that comes around every 20 minutes or so that will take you anywhere you want to go. there are also a couple of options for hiking around the hotel's nature reserve and to nearby santa cruz. but this hotel is really about settling in and relaxing for as long as your stay will allow. it's a fantastic place to decompress.
overall, we'd definitely return and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Laguna Lodge is on the lakeshore of the legendary Lake Atitlan and exclusively nestled in its own nature reserve. Entry into this Mayan world begins by boat. In a privileged setting our luxuriously natural 5 star boutique hotel commands sweeping views over azure waters to a trio of dramatic volcanoes. Inspired by nature and created from volcanic stone, adobe and palm our spacious lakeside suites are individually appointed with comfortable hand hewn king beds, fine linens, intricate woven textiles and indigenous antiques. In the evenings our award winning Zotz restaurant is bathed in golden hues from a large stone fireplace and antique candelabras, a romantic ambiance for a fine dining experience. After the days tours and adventures enjoy a dip in the hot river rock spa pool and be pampered with a relaxing body treatment offered at our Hummingbird spa. Relax at the lava bar or lakeside pavilion and watch the surreal sunset turn into a star studded night. The Mayan highlands are rich in culture and the lodge’s indigenous staff look forward to offering you a unique and memorable experience! - Utz Ipetik! Welcome! Come and explore, discover and experience with us and see why Time magazine says – Laguna Lodge is pure Maya magic! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort And Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Hotel Santa Cruz La Laguna
- Laguna Hotel Eco Nature Reserve
- Laguna Lodge Eco-Resort & Nature Reserve Guatemala/Lake Atitlan