“Addictive Purple Mojitos & Views” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Club Ven Aca

Club Ven Aca
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Jaibalito
Cuisines: Bar, South American, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Nice restaurant with pool,jacuzzi and internacional food
Placencia, Belize
“Addictive Purple Mojitos & Views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our villa recommended we come here and so glad we did. It's an easy public ferry ride from the Pana dock ($15Q pp), about 20-30 mins depending on weather conditions. We liked it so much the first day, we came back a second.

The setting is surreal with incredible views of the lake and nearby volcanoes. They have taken great care to create a sublime ambiance with an infinity pool, raised hot tub, swim up bar, and very cozy seating areas with couches. They also have a covered bar for chillier days that gives great views as well, plenty of lounge chairs, and if you ask, towels.

The purple mojitos are to die for, made like a traditional mojito with jamaica juice and fresh basil added - yum! Their margaritas are great too! All of the food we had on both occasions was excellent - garbanzo soup, ahi tuna, pesto raviolis and a chicken whiskey sandwich.

There's just a really cool vibe here, service people were nice. Yes, stuff is a little bit pricey, but when you look at their location, you need to consider the transportation costs of getting everything out there. I felt spoiled and pampered and that's how I want to feel on vacation, so it was worth every penny to me. The owner, Bruce, is a really nice guy and I'm so glad he created this oasis for others to enjoy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank WealthShips

Lake Atitlan
“Beyond Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

Ven Aca is a place you want your boat/ public lancha to stop. They have their own dock and it's a 1 minute easy walk.There is a swimming pool and a hot tub to enjoy and they provide towels too.The menu is eclectic and there is a full bar including a swim up seating area.Friday's happy hour from 3-5 pm rocks! Breakfast is only available on Sundays.It is possible to reserve a dinner after they close at 5pm.It's also possible to rent the hot tub too for your exclusive use. Beautiful setting and children are welcomed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank salweb
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem at the lake - great spot for fun times!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

While staying at Casa del Mundo for a few days in February, we kept hearing about the place with the swimming pool next door. All we can say is we wished we found it sooner. What a great outdoor restaurant/bar. We went twice for drinks and the gorgeous pool basically right on the lake. Drinks and snacks were superb as was the atmosphere. Met some fun people and highly recommend dropping in. You will be warmly welcomed.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Kate R
London, United Kingdom
“Loved it! Superb views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a brilliant find! We were staying at Casa Del Mundo a couple of doors down and spent both afternoons of our stay relaxing by the pool and jacuzzi. Enjoyed some lovely drinks but didn't try the food. We loved lake Atitlan and coming here was one of the best things we did!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank 123sun123
“Nice location but that's it..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

We heared great reviews about this place so we tried it out. We ordered a steak sandwitch that was very small, the meat was tough and chewey, and the price was high.
They do allow you to use their pool and hot tub right in front of the lake, which would have been more pleasant if the hot tub was clean.

they have this weird tipping method, where they charge 10-20% automatically from your total bill. not sure why we were charged 17.5%.. No explanations nor did they provide such a great service (the place is already overpriced..)

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Groucho123, Owner at Club Ven Aca, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I am sorry this visitor was not happy with their experience at Club Ven Aca.
I have been owner for a year and, although I am well aware that steaks can vary in quality, in that time I have had only one steak returned. We cut from tenderloins and serve a measured 1/2 pound. None of my staff have received complaints about any of our food recently. I wish the reviewer had mentioned that they were unhappy so I could have done something to satisfy them.
I am puzzled about the comment about our tipping policy. We do not automatically include any tips in the bills. I cannot imagine how they feel they were asked to pay 17.5%. I hope this reviewer will contact me so I can find their bill and examine it and if they were charge ANY tip I will very gladly refund it as well as the cost of the steak sandwich they were unhappy with.
Many days our hot tub receives heavy use and at times it can get cloudy late in the day. I monitor the chemical levels several times a day and filter constantly to ensure sanitary conditions.
Since tipping is completely voluntary and I am aware that some people never tip, I am very pleased to report that our staff continually receive well more than 10% in tips. Based on this and other customer's comments I am completely satisfied that we provide good service but would like very much to learn of any way we can improve.