Open today: 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM

from $96.16
from $108.98
from $410.26
More Info
All reviews bahia drake sirena station corcovado national park tour agency day tour costa rica spotting animals a lot of fun great guy la sirena squirrel monkeys an amazing experience scuba diving allan jungle guide knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed April 28, 2016 via mobile

I went to an two-day tour with my brother to Corcovado with an overnight stay and Allan was our guide. We started from Drake Bay and took the speedboat to Sirens Station. I warmly recommend Allan since he did and excellent job spotting animals for us, while also showing an impressive amount of knowledge about the forest and the animals dwelling there. He also speaks excellent English and has a friendly, easygoing attitude. The tour itself was really close to nature with all that includes. Rain, warm humid days, mosquitos and ticks, sleeping in a tent, swimming in natural ponds - just the way we wanted it to be :-)

Date of experience: April 2016
Allan G, Propietario at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2016

Many thank for your opinion. It was also very nice to go to the park with you guys !!

Reviewed March 30, 2016

Like many other visitors, my girlfriend and I were very excited at the prospect of experiencing true, unadulterated wilderness in the Corcovado National Park. Our 2-day trip to the park with overnight stay in the La Sirena ranger station, guided by Allan from Osa Great Adventure, delivered just that and actually exceeded our expectations.

Allan met with us the day before the trip (he came to our hotel in Drake Bay) to explain the dynamics of the adventure. He was extremely helpful and happy to answer all our questions, and gave what we found to be excellent recommendations on what exactly to bring along for the trip.

The following day we were taken to the national park by boat from Drake Bay. The boat journey in itself was extremely scenic and really contributed to building up our excitement for this adventure, as we saw the last signs of civilization slowly disappear in the distance and the landscape turn into a completely unspoled forest worthy of the age of the dinosaurs.

After our (wet) landing on the beach of the park near La Sirena, Allan efficiently helped us get moving quickly to the ranger station, as we couldn't wait to begin! We then settled in La Sirena -- importantly, Allan provided a tent for us to sleep in.

What followed was the first of two unforgettable days in the dense, animal-packed jungle of the Corcovado. Allan led us along several trails throughout the course of the two days we spent there, making sure we got to experience as much of the biodiversity the forest could offer as possible. In doing so, he repeatedly demonstrated his great knowledge of the flora, fauna and ecology of the park.

But what really struck us were two things in particular: First of all, it was immediately obvious that Allan had a very sharp eye for spotting all sorts of creatures, no matter how tiny, in the forest. Actually, his nose (and ears) are just as sharp! We were constantly amazed at how he could correctly anticipate the presence of animals just by their smells. Secondly, Allan had a specialist's knowledge of where and when specific individuals were likely to be found. On more than one occasion he took us to specific sections of the park in the hope that some of the habitual animals would appear -- and each time they did!

Allan also has a very good sense of humour and a pleasant light side. This too added to the quality of the experience.

In conclusion, I would strongly recommend Allan as your next guide to the wonders of the Corcovado National Park!

Date of experience: March 2016
1  Thank Umberto L
Allan G, Propietario at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2016

Many thanks for you comment. It was a nice tour, those pumas were excellent :) Come back soon !!!

Reviewed March 11, 2016

Everything worked out great with Osa Great Adventure. Great Organziation, nice stuff - a lot of elaborated and interesting background information about flora & fauna.

Date of experience: February 2016
Allan G, Propietario at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2016

Many thanks for your comment. It was a pleasure.

Reviewed March 4, 2016

Osa Great Adventure is a small agency runned by Allan Guevarra Quiros who organizes tours in the jungle or on the sea. I went out with them to Corcovado Park, I went snorkeling to Cano Island and I went on a night hike to observe insects ans frogs :-)
Everything was well organized, I booked on internet, Allan contacted me to give me information and we met once I was in Drake Bay to organize the different trips
All went well and Drake Bay is a wonderful place!

Date of experience: February 2016
amazing282015, Gerente at Osa Great Adventure, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2020

Hi, many thanks for your comment, we are very happy you had a wonderful experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2016

Almost two years ago I backpacked around the world for 6 months. I ended my travels with a month in Costa Rica, where I met Allen. He is based in a beautiful place called Bahia Drake. He is a very friendly local, and possesses a wealth of knowledge when it come to the area. As a traveler, I'd highly recommend his services. His "naturewise" skills and friendly personality will really enhance your trip.

Date of experience: March 2015

Many tnaks for leaving your review, Allan is happy about your mention in this platform. See you soon!