“loved it”
Review of Tranquilo Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Drake Bay
Tranquilo Lodge
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Drake Bay
Reviewed March 4, 2014

we spent 3 memorable nights here. we had a simple but charming room with a balcony equipped with a hammock and fabulous view of the ocean (our 4-year-old told me today she misses the beautiful sunsets) - tranquil paradise! this was a great experience from the start - the boat trip and beach landing were an adventure for us all, especially the kids. the meals were scrumptious, with treats like Mary's freshly squeezed orange juice and iced tea and Raphael's cheese and choc brownies and the best freshest fish ever! the atmosphere was great and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. they hooked us up with Erik, who was a super guide with tons of knowledge. Drake Bay and Corcovado were one of the highlights of our vacation!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shlomi U

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Tranquilo Lodge in Drake Bay, Costa Rica for three nights. Owners Herb and Dixie treated us like family. We felt spoiled, and had a great time. Meals were excellent, rooms clean and air conditioned, and the view of the bay is amazing. This place is a little piece of paradise. Loved every minute of it. Thanks Herb, Dixie, and the great cooks.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were here for about a week, with stays sandwiched around a two-night visit to Corcovado National Park. We were in the second-story two-room suite, with the fabulous balcony overlooking the bay -- we watched beautiful sailboats in the bay and a pair of scarlet macaws in the tree immediately adjacent to the balcony. Meals are out of this world; Mary is a fantastic cook, and a delightful person. There's a/c, access to ice and a cooler, and very reasonable laundry service. There were some issues regarding our room rate and which room, but I think that was due to the fact that we made our initial reservations with Fred, the previous owner, and all the necessary information wasn't properly communicated; it all worked out fine. The staff was very helpful in assisting with arrangements for off-site trips.

Room Tip: Loved the second-story two-room suite, with a balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Apparently there is a new ownership since fall 2013 and they decided to give the place a new name: Tranquilo Lodge.
I stayed for three days and two nights and really loved it! It is a lovely place about 15-20 mins walking distance from the "centre" of Drake Bay (if that's what you want to call that little street with the three shops ;-)).
The lodge is very quiet and relaxing and only 3mins walking distance from the beach.
Breakfast, Lunch as well as dinner are included and the food was really exzellent. During my stay the new owner was there and we had dinner together twice. He seems to be really caring about that place and apparently has plans to further invest into the already high standard. The team working for him at the Lodge (Mary & Co.) is really lovely, helpful and caring (they helped me organizing my plane ticket to Bahia Drake, gave advice on trips to the National Park, picked me up and dropped me off without extra charge, etc.). All in all it is a place with a very family-like atmosphere that I can highly recommend if you are looking for a quiet, relaxing stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Foodie_CGN
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Fred was amazing with every thing! As we got to the beach, Fred picked us up to hotel Ojala.
On our way he spotted capuchin monkys, and tukan in the hotel garden, he explain about the area and had an answer for everything!
Befor we got our room, Fred said he cooked lunch already. after we got our room we had a great spaghetti bolognese with salad and home maid ice tea. Fred cooked for us and for the other couple that were staying there breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every time he surprised us with wonderful fresh fish dishes, salads and deserts. A great cook and a very interesting man..
The room was big and we had every thing we needed- clean room, clean bad hot water and a balcony with view to the sea. The hotel area is very quit and green, cars and scooter hardly go by, and the wild life is the only thing you hear. What more can I say? One of the best places I've been to in Costa Rica!

Thank you Fred! :)

Rotem and Shifra
Jerusalem, Israel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Shifrav
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I spent a night at this lovely NATURE Filled and PEACE filled Hotel last week and it literally transformed my feeling towards Drake Bay. Fred, the owner, was so attentive to my needs both food and lodging wise and I really felt respected and wanted in His hotel and will NOT stay anywhere else in Drake Bay EVER again after this fantastic experience! I came there as a single woman in her 40's and felt SAFE and Surrounded by Nature at ALL times. I have stayed in MANY other unimpressive lodgings in Drake Bay and was coming to visit a friend who had raved about this Hotel and Fred! I had not been the least impressed with ANY other hotels in Drake and was SO pleasantly surprised to be overwhelmed with fantastic CLEAN service and food prepartion at an affordable rate! Thanks to Fred, his dog Jackie and Hotel Ojala..I WILL come back to Drake to visit anyone or vacation! HOWEVER I will ONLY stay at Hotel Ojala! Thanks for everything Fred! Your truly do HONOR the beauty of Mother Nature and the needs of your guests as an individual!

Room Tip: I would suggest that you contact Fred DIRECTLY via his number on the website and he can tell you EVE...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Beautiful location in Osa. Stayed in the deluxe private cabin which had a perfect view of the ocean from the balcony hammock. Great food--you will not go hungry! The owner, Fred, is wonderfully accommodating and took great care of us. Very helpful in arranging our tours, and guiding us through the river crossing. Would love the opportunity to stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
#8 of 8 in Drake Bay
Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge
Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge
#2 of 2 in Corcovado National Park

Been to Tranquilo Lodge? Share your experiences!