We spent 3 days at Las Caletas Lodge and we just regret it was not for ending our trip, as nothing was better than this place.
Even if the rooms are "basic" (you have everything you need and hot water), the location is just perfect.
From Sierpe by boat the landscapes are beautiful and then you arrive on a small beach just down to the lodge.
We have been welcomed by John, very friendly, who took good care of us. The meals included in the price are very good. The main place where we reunited is great and very relaxing. There are hamocs and chairs in the gardens from where you can enjoy the sunset and birds watching.
We did 3 great excursions with Greg, our excellent guide.
First one to Isla del Cano where we had the chance to see a whale and its baby + dolphins on the way (even if it was not the period). Greg and the boat driver Isaac took the time so we can enjoy the show. The snorkeling was cool and we had clear water.
Then we did the corcovado tour from la Sirena, Greg knows lots of things and took the time to explain.
And finally we did the night tour where we saw lots of insects, a snake and the green frog with red eyes.
There is also a path from the hotel where you can walk safely and reach other beautiful beaches.
There is no problem to swim down the lodge even if it is not a great white sand beach to lay down. But that's not the point of the stay in Osa!
Just a detail, the boss David could be a bit more friendly.
So I warmly recommend this place, but don't expect high standard of accomodation, you are in nature and in the middle of the rainy forest.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay