Stayed in Las Caletas Lodge in Costa Rica in July 2012 and we found it a great spot. You'll have scarlet macaws, toucans and monkeys (not to mention the odd boa constrictor) right in your 'garden' and will fall asleep to the jungle night chorus and the crashing of the waves on the beach and rocks. Close to Corcovado N.P. for rain forest hikes and more wildlife (we saw tapirs, coatis, many birds and peccaries) and Cano Island (while snorkling and watching sharks and turtles we heard a whale sing nearby). The staff is incredibly friendly, Jose is an expert guide (but you owe me that pygmy kingfisher :) , and there is a nice atmosphere at the dinner table. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay