The cabin was tiny but clean and comfortable with a good bathroom and lots of privacy and a nice garden beside it - had the feel of a tree-house. The beach in front is great for swimming and snorkelling and the coastal trail takes you to secluded and stunning beaches. Scarlet macaws fly over you as you hike, swim or laze and the wildlife in the Corcovado is amazing. David runs this place so well and organizes great trips - highly recommend the whale and dolphin watching, totally not commercial or cheesey - just a small boat, great people (divinedolphins.com) and the vast Pacific. Food here is good and plentiful, with the afternoon cookie jar full of excellent treats. Dinner has no choices but vegetarian always available with fish as well or meat, one or the other each night. Lunches were excellent and the packed lunch for trips very satisfying. Eating is done in a gorgeous open room with ocean views and cool breezes, communal style with one main long table - the woodwork and wood furnishings are incredible. Very popular with Europeans, so always meeting new people and hearing different languages spoken. My husband found this place too remote-feeling - but that was the part I loved, as well as the brilliant scenery and so much to do. So if you need the feel of lots going on nearby, being close to shops and stuff and don't like to be in a more remote spot, try La Paloma - but I would recommend Las Caletas as a wonderful experience, the natural beauty can't be beat and David is a delight. Don't stroke the cat - admire from a distance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Las Caletas Lodge offers comfortable and clean accommodations; fresh and delicious food and a friendly and helpful staff who will make the best effort to make our guests stay an unforgettable nature experience combined with a family atmosphere. Enjoy the great panoramic ocean and rainforest views and awake by the sound of the rainforest and ocean. You'll be surrounded by an exuberant vegetation with wildlife of all shapes, sizes and colors. Careful landscaping highlights our natural setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Las Caletas Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Caletas - Drake Bay Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Las Caletas Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay