“Great”

Corcovado Info Center
Ranked #3 of 25 things to do in Drake Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: Corcovado Info Center is a tour operator located in Drake Bay, owned by Kenneth Mora Mendoza, tour guide with over ten years of extensive experience and knowledge of the Corcovado National Park, Cano Island and the Osa Peninsula. We are specialists in overnight trips to the Corcovado National Park where you can see amazing wildlife, forest and beautiful nature. Also we do many other tours in the area, such as whale and dolphin watching, snorkeling at Cano Island, Terraba-Sierpe Mangrove Forest excursions and more. Contact us if you would like to have a great experience in the National Park.
Quebec City, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had booked our tour with another company who gave us a lot of trouble but were lucky enough to have Kenneth there to help us. We ended up in Drake in high season with a reservation in a full hotel that had no clue we were coming, so no hotel and not a clue what to do and he was kind enough to help us fixing that issue by finding us somewhere else to stay. Plus, he was our guide for our overnight tour the next day in Sirena and was just amazing. He is a lot of fun, very knowledgeable and overall a more than great guide. He made our stay unforgettable. I would highly recommend booking a tour with his company if you want a fabulous experience while in Drake. (and he offers many more tours than just Sirena overnight also!)

Visited December 2012

• Hebrew first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Corcovado with children”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had the best trip ever! Our guide was Kenneth his cousin Sobeida and we saw Kenneth a few times as well. He was there at the beginning and at the end plus we saw him in Corcovado. Sobeida was the best, she was sooooo good with our girls. Kids just turned 7 and just 9, I was (as a mother) a bit hesitant, but we had a great time. We were there 5 days, they arranged everything, our guide cooked for us as well, every dollar well spent. You can trust them with your children and without of course. Have fun. Sobeida and Kenneth, thank you soo much for a great trip!

Visited April 2012
Malaga, Spain
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A great and very beautiful experience, which I will always remember! Thank you Kenneth!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I did a lot of research to find an excellent guide for our overnight trip to Corcovado, who could support me in shooting video footage for an upcoming documentary on the wildlife of Corcovado, and decided to contract the services of Kenneth.

We did a 2-nights / 3-days Corcovado trip with Kenneth Mora as our personal guide, which has been a great and very beautiful experience, during which we also had a lot of fun.

Kenneth is a very kind, well-organized, calm, and supportive person, and he is very easy to get along with.

Kenneth is an excellent guide with a lot of experience and expertise to spot wildlife, as well as to explain animal behavior. Thanks to him and his patience, I have been able to shoot a lot of spectacular photos and video footage of a wide range of animals and plants, including even from a hawk eating a snake!

I highly recommend Kenneth Mora and the services he offers to anyone who considers a trip to Corcovado.

Vancouver, Canada
“A real jungle experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I did the overnight trip in Corcovado National Park last February with Corcovado Info Center. Although I have visited the Osa Peninsula many times and have done the Sirena day tour before, I really had no idea what to expect when I booked this one and I was completely blown away by the experience.
The trip started with a one and a half hour boatride from sleepy Drake Bay, along the amazing coastline of craggy rocks and bays and a glimpse of the Cano Island biological reserve. Our guide had told us that we may have the chance to see dolphins on the journey and although we were disappointed that we didn't see them on our way there, on our return journey we spotted a pod and got to experience them racing alongside the waves of our boat (amazing :)).
After arriving at Sirena, we did one hike around the ranger station and later a hike to the river to swim. Our second hike ended at the beach at sunset where we could see the sun dipping into the water, which is not possible in Drake Bay (where I stayed the rest of my trip). After our hikes dinner was cooked and lights were off at 8, but stargazing went on after this and man was Sirena ranger station ever a beautiful place to watch the night sky.
Our second day started at 4 am (eek!), with a twilight hike to catch a glimpse of Baird’s Tapir. Although this animal is elusive in many other parts of the world, we were lucky enough to see it a few times and it seemed to be a common thing in Corcovado. After a break for breakfast at the station, we headed out on a hike, the first one that went into the primary forest. Although there are less animals here I still loved the stillness, the ancient feel of the primary forest and really enjoyed the information we were told about the indigenous uses of various trees and plants.
As I was traveling solo, I joined a couple (both of whom were veterinarians) on the hike. Our guide, Kenneth Mora, was an integral part of the journey. I was blown away by the amount of information he gave us, his ability to spot camouflaged animals and decipher the sounds of the forest. He was especially good at catering his information to our interests, talking at length about the habits and rituals of the local animals (who knew ants were such amazing creatures?) for the benefit of the veterinarians. We even went searching for the elusive Puma and even saw some tracks it had left, yet not the animal itself.
All in all this trip was amazing, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to see as many local animals as possible and really experience how it is to be surrounded by a tropical jungle. That said, make sure you get a lot of sleep the night before your trip, as the hikes do tire you out (especially the 4am hike, I was not a happy camper on this one). Also if hiking isnt your thing and you just want a taste of the jungle, perhaps a day hike to Sirena is a better fit for you. Also make sure you book a good guide, their knowledge and concern for safety will make all the difference on a long and adventurous trip like this. Happy travels!

Visited February 2012
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Kenneth is the best guide you can have!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

When traveling into the jungle for the day or over night you need someone who knows exactly what they are doing and what they are looking for. Kenneth and Zobeida are two of the best guides i have ever experienced in my travels. Corcovado is insanely dense and there is so much to experience within it and guaranteed you will get more than you bargained for in experience and animal views by going on the tour with either of these two. .... and as they are both extremely qualified and experienced in the jungle.. they also are in diving and snorkelling...fishing.. or the night tour.. whatever you want to do in your time in drake bay.. stop by corcovado info centre and kenneth or zobeida will guaranteed be able to make your trip a success!

Visited August 2012