Jinetes de Osa Hotel
Pirate Cove(Drake Bay)
$186
$300
  • Pool
Poor Man's Paradise(Osa Peninsula)
$114
$106
  • Restaurant
Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge(Corcovado National Park)
$390
Luna Lodge(Carate)
$207
Hotels.com
Tranquilo Lodge(Drake Bay)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Drake Bay Getaway Resort(Drake Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
La Paloma Lodge(Drake Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsscuba divingfishcorcovado national parkcosta ricasuperior roomhotel staffcanopy tourfloor fansan josewatch the sunrisedive staffthe riversound of the waveshot waterwhite faced monkeyszip liningremote location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Friendly pleasant staff...especially Marisa who is a wonderful person and always ready to assist her guests and to help her guests above and beyond the necessities of employment. The rooms were clean and pleasant if spartan. There is no air condoning but there are 2 fans in each room . The diving staff is very helpful and even though visibility ranged from good to fair, we always saw something worth seeing. The dive with the worse visibility, we were surrounded by a tremendous school of bright yellow angel fish...it was just amazing.

Room Tip: The rooms by the office area offer nice views and cool breezes.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Jinetes De Oso has a friendly staff and Chris, the chef, made excellent meals.
We were somewhat disappointed that we were not told how rustic this place would be. We few in to Drake Bay, and the taxi had to ford the river to get us to the hotel.
Then we were dropped off in the sand quite a ways from our hotel, and had to walk through a small river to get there.
Our room was one of the hardest to get to, as it had no railing, broken and uneven steps and even two large steps to get into the bathroom.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking, let this know right away and try to get a room that has railings to get to it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a wonderful time in Drake Bay at this small hotel. The service was outstanding with management taking care of our every need. The food was filling and tasty. We loved sitting at the tables and bar at night an meeting other guests and getting to know some of the locals that happened by for a drink at the hotel bar. My only complaint of the place, if you can call this a complaint, is that it took some getting use to the sound of the ocean when I was trying to fall asleep, which can be somewhat loud. We went diving and while the visibility wasn’t what we are normally use to diving mostly in the Caribbean it was good enough to see sharks, rays and giant schools of fish we had never seen before. We took the night tour with Roldofo and enjoyed it completely. He was very well informed and an all around nice guy. All around a fantastic trip, we felt well taken care of and had some great adventures. I would love to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I must say the staff was superb. But this inn was the first built in the area 50 years ago and looks it. Behind the manager's desk is a window sill rotted enough to pass a hand through. Septic seep across the public pathway under your door. Our bathroom reeked. The walls were thin -- little more than curtains. The waves crashing on the rocks helped to mask loss of privacy but did twist my sleep. The cheap plastic chairs on a shared common deck were cracked. Any one could sit in front of your room just about 8 feet from your bed with nothing more than a screened window to separate. The stairs were oddly irregular and steep often w/o railings where most needed. The meals were okay nothing special except once sea bass (for lunch!). We were there 6 nights and paid for 5 but wanted to leave early but could not get out of our agreement. Obligated to pay. Much of the discomfort was the heat and humidity. But even the high end resorts have no AC. But 5 mins up the trail was a very much nicer inn
we should have booked even though it was pricey. Our tours were fantastic. But all the guides in that region are all pros.

Room Tip: We had a superior room which I think means a better view. But it's apples and oranges. How can I compare?
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pebblepolisher
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My girlfriend referred to Jinetes de Osa as rustic. Very accurate description. I wasn't sure what to expect so I had no expectations. The staff was friendly and everyone was pleasant. we walked into the little town several evenings and enjoyed the little bar there. The food was good but not fancy. We did the scuba and Corcovada tour and deep sea fishing. I would say to rethink thje fishing. We ended up going to a honey hole and catching mackeral. I think it was 425 for half a day plus tips.
The accommodations were basic with bed and a bath. Right outside our room we were able to see two Scarlet Macaws and white faced monkeys.
Please read Jean-Pierre D review as it reflects mostly my thoughts. I agree about Ivan, I was having trouble clearing my ears and insisted I go down. I still can't hear well.
Other than the trouble with my ears and some GI issues, I enjoyed the place and would like to try it again sometime.
My thanks to wegwoman for saving my life and my vaction/.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple