Drake Bay Wilderness Resort is one of the most delightful experiences of my long life. I stayed for five days and four nights. The owner and the staff proved to be remarkable at they attention they provide their clients and in problem solving for visitors. The guides on our various excursions were highly professional and took the utmost care at ensuring our safety while providing unforgetable experiences. I traveled with a large group of university students whom I am confident shared my experience. The food was exceptional and although we encountered more than 20 hours of violent rain at one point, they ensured meal service and recommended alternative adventures. It was more than fun, it was an intellectual experience that left me with an impeccable understanding of the environment and the complications faced in this part of the world to sustain an ecological balance. Last, but hardly least, is the ambience and beauty of Drake Bay Wilderness Resort. Established and run by the same family for a couple of decades I am sure you will have the time of your life whether 20 or 70 years old. Thanks to all who provided such wonderful care to our group. Hasta pronto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since it was founded in 1985, Drake Bay Wilderness Resort has continued to be a family run business. Our focus has been to take good care of our guests so that they'll feel right at home. We try to be as flexible as possible, taking into consideration people´s needs and we do our very best to fulfill special requests. For instance, we will prepare meals for special diets. Furthermore, the hotel is situated in one of the most beautiful locations in the area. It has large open areas with a bounty of beautiful flowers, tropical plants, big mango trees, and beach almond trees that attract the raucous macaws. The property gives you the feel of being in a private island since the river flows along the backside of the property and the whole front side meets the ocean. In addition to this, most visitors come to us by boat and the access by land to the hotel is a small path, unreachable by car, that is submerged in a jungle. Best of all, there is a paradise like view of the bay and ocean, reflecting the deep blue sky and, beyond that, hills bound in lush forests.We offer all sorts of extras that help make our guests' stay more comfortable and enjoyable. For example, we include a full laundry service. Kayaks close to the water are always at our guests' disposal. We have a restaurant, bar, swimming pool, dock, and hammocks to relax under the shade of a tree with the cool ocean breeze blowing on you. From our hotel we take guests on adventures in snorkeling, hiking, diving, canoeing and whale watching. Visitors often see four species of monkeys, sloths, tapir, caiman and a myriad of birds, including the scarlet macaw, mangrove hawk, toucan... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Drake Bay Wilderness Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drake Bay Wilderness Hotel Drake Bay
- Drake Bay Wilderness Resort Costa Rica