Set on the Drake Bay and accessible only by boat, the Aguila de Osa Inn is set in paradise. The inn is an ecolodge with screens (no windows), perfect for hearing the amazing wildlife and waves from the sea. The communal and restaurant area is open air with breath taking views. No televisions, and WIFI only in the communal area. All resort guests ate dinner together (no tables for 2) and it was perfect to become better acquainted with other travelers, plan for the following day's activities and just meet new and interesting people. The owner sat with us for dinner and we toasted to his 20th Anniversary. The tours from the inn were led by excellent guides. Each evening your plans for the following day were confirmed and there was great flexibility to change should you decide some other activity was more fitting. The rooms were comfortable and what you would expect or better from an ecolodge. The ability to head out on a kayak to explore the river and Bay was a great addition. The food was delicious and they were able to accommodate each guests likes, dislikes, allergies, etc. While other areas of Costa Rica are beautiful, Drake Bay and the Osa Peninsula were by far the most amazing and a true taste of paradise and Aguila de Osa Inn is the perfect place to stay while there. But please note, if you are not active and cannot climb steep inclines this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rainforest and Marine Adventure Lodge: Nestled amidst the jungle-covered hillsides overlooking the tranquil waters of Drake Bay, Aguila de Osa is an exquisite rainforest and marine adventure hotel. It’s here where you will experience life right on the edge of the Osa. Aguila de Osa is the destination for adventurers from around the world, offering the most convenient access to Corcovado National Park, Caño Island Biological Marine Reserve, and a full array of adventures including world-class sport fishing, scuba diving and snorkeling, plus bird watching, hiking, beach trips, river kayaking, mangrove estuary tours, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aguila de Osa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aguila De Osa Hotel Drake Bay
- Hotel Aguila De Osa
- Aguila De Osa Costa Rica/Drake Bay