This is a difficult review to write because we loved our stay here -but it was much more because of the location and the wildlife than the lodge itself. There were minor irritations,like no proper hot water for2-3 days despite our requests to have sufficient for more than 30 seconds.Also little things like chipped plates and cups just lead you to question the high charges that you pay to stay here. Views were wonderful but the open air bathrooms were a little strange- especially at night when all kinds of creatures could fing their way into your bathroom .Like a bat we encountered for exmple.We had to keep the toothbrushes on the side table because apparently the monkeys like to steal them!!!!
Worst of all when the lights are on at night all kinds of bugs float around the room.
Food was of good quality - not exceptional and lunchtime salads every day became a bit much at the end.
But Drake bay is wonderful and the wildlife viewing is spectacular.The diving around Cano is fullof sharks and rays and there are whales and dolphins in the oceans.
The local beach -Cocalito is beautiful and unspoilt.
So to summarise - I 100% recommend this place - and expect some would love the closeness to nature. Finally the staff were excellent especially Vanessa and all the serving staff were really friendly.The guides were brilliant and made us really enjoy the trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay