All reviews bug lady mangrove tour sunset rancho osa peninsula costa rica corcovado national park other guests fish fajitas night hike san jose scarlet macaws boogie boards open air the river family style a short boat ride
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Perfect service, fantastic food, neat and clean cottages with great views over the rainforest to the ocean, amazingly educated guides, spectacular meeting with uncountable wild animals in the rain forest, the number one place to stay in Costa Rica

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Gert G
lizzy06osa, Manager at La Paloma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Thanks Gert for your succinct review. What you have described is what we always aim to provide for all of our guests, here at La Paloma Lodge.

We hope to see you here again in the future!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We couldn't have been happier with our stay at La Paloma! Every single aspect of our La Paloma experience was extraordinary. Every staff member was friendly, caring, and helpful. Jessica, our activities director and hostess, was there to meet our every need with a smile and always made sure that we knew where to be and what to bring. Randall, our guide in the Corcovado National Park and on our snorkeling trip to Cano Island was a true delight...enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and sooo much fun. Every guide that we had later in our trip in other parts of the country paled by comparison. The food was abundant, unbelievably delicious, and beautifully prepared. We had the option of dining "family style" with other guests...our shared meals were an absolute blast with lots of laughter and sharing of stories. I wish that we could have stayed longer. Three days was not long enough to take in all of the sights and sounds of this beautiful place. Definitely plan to stay longer if you have the good fortune of visiting the Osa Peninsula and definitely, definitely stay at La Paloma.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Deborah K
lizzy06osa, Manager at La Paloma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you Deborah for your positive review. It was a pleasure to have met you all and shared your time in the Osa Peninsula with you. We hope here at La Paloma that our seasoned guides will enhance our guests' visits. The family style dining allows fellow travelers to recount the days events and share experiences. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

From the moment we arrived to the dock of La Paloma Lodge, the staff, accommodations, and scenery went far beyond any expectations that I had. Jessica was there to greet us with her warm smile and upbeat personality. There was fresh fruit and bread waiting for us upon our arrival, and my husband and I were able to drop our bags and instantly go in to vacation mode. The lodge was pristine, the staff was attentive, and the food was amazing during our entire visit.

If you are looking for a authentic visit to the Costa Rican rain forest, you have to visit La Paloma Lodge. The bungalow views are spectacular filled with the sounds of the ocean and wildlife sitings are constant. The staff was good about setting up a telescope to share views of the sloth that lives on the property. Monkeys were in abundance and macaws could be heard daily. Being surrounded by these animals was one thing, but then you add in the hired tour guides that La Paloma offers, and I learned more in my 5 day stay than I could learn from multiple books. While you are there, I would recommend snorkeling at Cano Island and hiking in Corcovado National Park along with taking a zip line tour. The staff at La Paloma will provide you with dry bags for your belongings, and appropriate clothing in case you forget anything. Just remember your hiking shoes!

My husband and I look forward to being able to share our experiences with our children the next time we go (and we will go back!) We also look forward to seeing the outcome of the renovations that were underway when we visited. The owners' vision and determination to make La Paloma paradise within paradise is felt from the moment you arrive.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kari R
lizzy06osa, Manager at La Paloma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Kari,
Thank you for your encouragement. The vision here has always been to have our guests experience the incredible beauty of the jungle in a tranquil, comfortable setting.
Hope to see you again,
Jess

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I first visited La Paloma Lodge in 2006. My fiancée and now wife we're blown away by the beauty surrounding the lodge. The lodge itself is perched atop a hill overlooking the ocean where we would relax, eat fresh fruit and snacks, and enjoy the wildlife. Every morning/day we took an adventure and relaxed at the beach after. We loved it so much we went back in 2009 and it was equally as impressive. It's the place I tell friends is the "safest bet for a vacation you can make." If you don't fall in love with this place, you didn't go.

Date of stay: November 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank WaldoMan
lizzy06osa, Manager at La Paloma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Thank you for your feed back about your experiences with us at La Paloma. It makes us happy to hear that we have succeeded in providing a safe and comfortable environment to enjoy the unique wildlife in the Osa Peninsula and continue to strive to create the memories of a lifetime.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Jess

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My Wife and I just returned from a 5 day stay at La Paloma Lodge. I can't stop thinking about the experience and already want to plan another trip and take our 4 children. The Lodge and surroundings are paradise, the staff is friendly, and the food was excellent. My favorite part was the adventures we had each day taking the tours offered through the lodge. Randall was our guide for the Corcovado rainforest hike as well as our guide for the snorkeling adventure off Cano Island. He works for the Lodge and is very knowledgeable and passionate about his work. I learned so much from him about the different animals, plants, fish, etc. which made the tours educational as well as fun. I would recommend La Paloma to anyone looking for a clean, safe, adventurous experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank Justin R
lizzy06osa, Manager at La Paloma Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.

It was a pleasure to have you and Kari stay with us and we truly look forward to having you back here with the rest of the family.

Our aim is to always provide a safe and comfortable environment to enjoy the various eco-systems that the Osa Peninsula has to offer.

Until next time!