We had a terrific time at La Paloma. The owner, manager, and staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome, quickly learning our names and interests. The guides really know their stuff and couldn't have been nicer. We went scuba diving with Giant Mantas and sharks, saw tapirs, coatis, sloths, four monkey species and more on our hikes to San Pedrillo and La Sirena stations in Corcovado Park, and also enjoyed the mangrove boat tour and the night hike with Gian and Tracie, the "Bug Lady". We logged over 85 bird species during the week. The weather was hot at the end of March but the ceiling fans in our deluxe rancho made for comfortable sleeping even without air conditioning. The food was varied and quite tasty. The only problem was that the week ended too quickly. We'd happily go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay