La Paloma is perfect and quite frankly worth every penny. The grounds are beautiful with lots of flowers and great views of the ocean. The bungalows are nice, clean and spacious. There is a short, but nice walk to the beach (which is great and has pretty good waves). There is also a small pool, which is a great place to hang out after a day of hiking in the rainforest! There are also many opportunities to see wild life right on the property...we saw several monkeys as well as a sloth, boa and crocodile. The staff is wonderful...extremely pleasant and helpful. The food is excellent and we actually really enjoyed the group dinners with the other tourists (I was a little nervous about those at first). As for the activities, we hiked to San Pedrillo and Sirena and also went snorkeling at Cano Island. Everything was great, including the guides. The only thing that I would have done differently would have been to skip Sirena (one hike is sufficient) and do the Mangrove tour instead (which all of the other guests raved about). We also went horseback riding with Wilbur and it was an absolute blast. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay