We are a fairly fit couple in our mid 60s, and this place was perfect for us. We did the 4-day package which included two excursions, one very long one to Corcovado Natl. Park and a shorter one to the waters near Cano Island for snorkeling. My husband also did the bug walk. All of these activities were excellently organized, fun, and extremely informative. We saw more wildlife of all kinds than I ever imagined, and the guides were so friendly and enthusiastic that I think we would have had fun even if we hadn't seen so much. From the price, I had pictured that it might be more development and luxury and less nature and adventure, but thankfully I was wrong. If you are looking for pampered luxury, this is not the place. You have to walk some steep and possibly slippery tracks to get to the beach or go out on the excursions, which leave from the dock; if you have a small child, it will be a real pain. But for adults or older kids, these short walks are not a problem, and the rest of the experience more than makes up for it. The staff could not have been more personal and friendly, or as willing to do whatever it takes to make sure we had a good time. For example, my husband ended up with no contact lens solution when we arrived, and they called around to all the neighboring villages with pharmacies until they found it, then had it delivered to us by dinner time. The food was very good, we thought; though not elaborate, it was fresh and thoughtfully prepared. I'm picky when it comes to seafood, but I enjoyed all the seafood served there. All in all, I thought the price was well worth the experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have outstanding views of Drake Bay and the Pacific Ocean from our Lodge. Our standard rooms are large and include a private bath and an ocean view balcony. Our ranchos are one and two-story private cabins that also offer balconies with stunning ocean views. They hold up to 6 people and are very spacious. Some are equipped with a bathroom on both the upper and lower level, and are suitable for families or two couples traveling together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your La Paloma Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Paloma Hotel Drake Bay
- La Paloma Drake Bay
- La Paloma Lodge Costa Rica/Drake Bay