“Excellent dinners at great price”

Gringo Curt's Seafood & Vistor Center
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Drake Bay
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gringo Curt's Seafood & Visitor Center was established June 2010 and our menu has not changed to date. We have pride in our small menu because it assures that we can provide freshness throughout the year by purchasing fruits, vegetables and fresh fish, locally and daily. There are many benefits to having same day caught fish but one downside is that we cannot guarantee a time that we can open. If we have fish at 12pm, we open. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your visit Pura Vida!
Helena, Montana
“Excellent dinners at great price”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

There are only 3 items on the menu, and we tried 2. Both were excellent, but the fish dinner was one of the best we had in 3 weeks dining out in Costa Rica. Don't forget to split it with a friend. Highly recommend dining here if you are at Drake Bay.

Visited January 2014

• Hebrew first
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful surprise dinner event”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We hesitated to go here because of the unprepossessing name of the restaurant but it turned out to be the best food we had during our stay in Drake Bay. Only three choices offered, and we chose to share the fresh fish cooked in banana leaves, more than enough for the two of us and really quite delicious. To add to the good food, the dining out experience was good fun. Curt chats practically non-stop with interesting stories about life and times in Drake Bay and the people at the other tables contribute from time to time with their comments. Curt can't sell beer and the near-by shop was very crowded, so the people in the table next to us simply gave us their extra bottle of cold beer, much to our delight. It's that kind of a place, welcoming and good food.
This was a fun and delicious dining event, one I fully recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Twin Cities
“Amazing jewel in Drakes Bay”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

With portions and quality like that, who needs more than three items on the menu! I say go for the fish tacos! To die for

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really Excellent! We went there multiple times”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The food here is incredible! Curt makes 3 dishes only, but they are all fantastic because he only uses fresh fish. My kids (11 & 8) loved all 3 dishes. His place is small, clean and has lovely views. I recommend that you arrive early and enjoy your meal because the place gets crowded fast.
Curt is also really friendly and has great photos of the Costa Rica wildlife to share on his big screen computer.

Visited December 2013
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Way to cocky!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was told I had to eat at Gringo Curt's before I left, so I went one night for dinner and I had to ask to be seated and for a menu and then again to order. He only has three things on his menu, claiming they are so good that he doesn't need to change it. The entire time I was there he was bragging about how good his food is, and that he is and has been the best since he first started. A nice couple came in after me claiming that they don't like fish so he told them his food was so good that if they don't like it then they don't have to pay for it. They did like it but probably because he gave them my order and gave me theirs which was okay but nothing special.
His arrogance was just so astonishing that it made the whole experience a bad one.

• Visited January 2014