“Amazing jewel in Drakes Bay”

Gringo Curt's Seafood & Vistor Center
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Drake Bay
Cuisines: Central American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gringo Curt's Seafood & Visitor Center was established June 2010 and our menu has not changed to date. We have pride in our small menu because it assures that we can provide freshness throughout the year by purchasing fruits, vegetables and fresh fish, locally and daily. There are many benefits to having same day caught fish but one downside is that we cannot guarantee a time that we can open. If we have fish at 12pm, we open. Thank you for your consideration and look forward to your visit Pura Vida!
Twin Cities
“Amazing jewel in Drakes Bay”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

With portions and quality like that, who needs more than three items on the menu! I say go for the fish tacos! To die for

• Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Really Excellent! We went there multiple times”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The food here is incredible! Curt makes 3 dishes only, but they are all fantastic because he only uses fresh fish. My kids (11 & 8) loved all 3 dishes. His place is small, clean and has lovely views. I recommend that you arrive early and enjoy your meal because the place gets crowded fast.
Curt is also really friendly and has great photos of the Costa Rica wildlife to share on his big screen computer.

Visited December 2013
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Way to cocky!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was told I had to eat at Gringo Curt's before I left, so I went one night for dinner and I had to ask to be seated and for a menu and then again to order. He only has three things on his menu, claiming they are so good that he doesn't need to change it. The entire time I was there he was bragging about how good his food is, and that he is and has been the best since he first started. A nice couple came in after me claiming that they don't like fish so he told them his food was so good that if they don't like it then they don't have to pay for it. They did like it but probably because he gave them my order and gave me theirs which was okay but nothing special.
His arrogance was just so astonishing that it made the whole experience a bad one.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank gijoegijoe
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great ambiance”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

beautiful tropical setting
curt will tell you everything you need to know about the osa
he serves huge delicious portions
a must go when you visit drake bay :-)

Visited December 2013
1 Thank korinne p
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Welcomed change”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The owner was very nice, just sometimes a bit confused. The meals were really rich. Taco was excellent. Pasta very good, may be a bit more greasy (heavy) than we would prefer. The XXL meal (fish, mashed potatoes, vegetables) was very good, but I would be happier with less salt / spices in it so I would enjoy the taste of the fresh fish itself.

• Visited January 2014