“Life changing”

and up
Whale and Dolphin Tour in Drake Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Divine Dolphin has been taking people to encounter the glorious dolphins and whales of Drake Bay, Costa Rica since 1998. We are also a research and conservation organization dedicated to creating a protected marine area here, and are the only tour operator exclusively dedicated to dolphin and whale tours. It is our specialty! Our tours feature highly experienced tour guides, our resident marine biologist and a hydrophone that allows us to hear the dolphins' and whales' sounds. We often encounter mega pods of dolphins numbering in the hundreds and even thousands and we have the longest season of Humpback Whales in the world. We celebrate the connection that people have with these amazing and highly intelligent beings and approach them with the utmost respect. We have been featured on Animal Planet, The Travel Channel, Fine Living and in numerous magazines and publications. Dive on in and meet the Divine Dolphins and Whales up close and personal while helping us to create a protected marine area. Everybody wins, especially the marine mammals we are working to protect.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I went on 3 tours with Sierra and her Captain. Sierra has an undeliable 'connection' with the Cetaceans, it's like they hear her coming and cannot wait to greet her and the friends she brings along. We saw a proud mama whale with her baby, manta rays, sword fish, sea turtles, hundreds of spinner dolphins with soooo many babies in the group (adorable) , bottle nose and spotted dolphins. Sierra and her Captain are very respectful of marine ife and we actually would turn the boat around to get garbage out of the water which truly was heartwarming. Add this adventure to your 'must-do' list, you will not be disappointed. <3 There is no doubt in my mind I will be with Sierra on another dolphin / whale tour .

2  Thank mjv43
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Mary, it was my Divine Pleasure to take you and Jami out to see all the incredible sea animals we have here and thank you so much for your beautiful words about me. I sometimes shake my head that people actually pay me to do what I love doing most in the world. I do hope you will come out again to PLAY sometime soon. I love you!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've tried to come up with the words to adequately describe my 3 tours with Sierra and I can't. Sierra's captain is professional and responsible with his cargo and boat. Sierra has an uncanny way of knowing exactly where to go to find the dolphins. On my trips we saw bottlenose dolphins, spotted dolphins, giant manta rays, humpback whales, sea turtles and spinner dolphins. Every experience was magical and amazing and life changing. I truly want to come back again.

2  Thank Jami C

Thank you so much, Jami. It was a total THRILL to spend time with you and the dolphins and our trip with the Spinner dolphins on Valentines Day was the biggest thrill of all. I Love You and I hope you will come out again sometime soon!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Reading the other reviews folks have written, I really have nothing to add. Sierra, her captain and team know and respect the area, the ocean, the environment, the animals and it shows in all they do. It was a privilege to be with them in their element. They are fun to be with and most importantly, the lunch was delicious!

1  Thank Dyan G
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you so much, Dyan. We enjoyed our time on the water with you and your husband and you got to see a lot of amazing things like the Spinner Dolphins, manta rays, Bottlenose Dolphins, Spotted Dolphins, sea turtles and more. We hope to see you both out here again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went out on 3 dolphin tours with Sierra and her captain. Each was vastly different, and wonderful. I did get fairly sea sick the second time, but that did not stop me from going a third time. We swam with a huge school of fish, with dolphins, and saw many sea turtles, sea snakes and Manta Rays. It was wonderful to go out with someone that knows so much and cares so much about the marine life. I plan on doing this again, hopefully this year! Sierra is wonderful and you can tell she LOVES her job!

1  Thank Lisa D
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Lisa, it was such a delight to have you back a second time. You are a delight to be with and we hope to see you a third time soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Sierra and her Divine Dolphin captain were wonderfully skilled at locating dolphins offshore of Drake Bay/Osa Peninsula. We saw many adorable babies that showed off all of their best "superstar" moves above water for us all to oooo and ahh over. While the dolphins were not in the mood that day to be encountered personally underwater, we had the biggest surprise of our trip when a very large Manta Ray swam directly towards us, coming closer and and closer to us as we snorkled on the surface of the water, far out from shore. Sierra helped to attract him with her singing, and he literally was within reach for what seemed like an eternity, as he just watched us; his face paralle with our own. I could appreciate details of the skin, the eyes, and his movements that could never be captured on film or video, and I have never been closer to a "wild" animal who was completely without fear, and just as interested in me as I was in them. I was in a hypnotic trance; the peaceful countenance of this animal left me with the realization that the experience was a gift I would never forget. Sierra is a soul sister, and I was so sad to leave, but looking forward to the next experience already, for when the whales return!

What an amazing experience we had with that manta ray that day... thank you for being a part of it with us and thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.