“A Trip to Another World.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Whale and Dolphin Tour in Drake Bay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Divine Dolphin has been taking people to encounter the glorious dolphins and whales of Drake Bay, Costa Rica since 1998. We are also a research and conservation organization dedicated to creating a protected marine area here, and are the only tour operator exclusively dedicated to dolphin and whale tours. It is our specialty! Our tours feature highly experienced tour guides, our resident marine biologist and a hydrophone that allows us to hear the dolphins' and whales' sounds. We often encounter mega pods of dolphins numbering in the hundreds and even thousands and we have the longest season of Humpback Whales in the world. We celebrate the connection that people have with these amazing and highly intelligent beings and approach them with the utmost respect. We have been featured on Animal Planet, The Travel Channel, Fine Living and in numerous magazines and publications. Dive on in and meet the Divine Dolphins and Whales up close and personal while helping us to create a protected marine area. Everybody wins, especially the marine mammals we are working to protect.
Misson Viejo, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Trip to Another World.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Reading the other reviews folks have written, I really have nothing to add. Sierra, her captain and team know and respect the area, the ocean, the environment, the animals and it shows in all they do. It was a privilege to be with them in their element. They are fun to be with and most importantly, the lunch was delicious!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Dyan G
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much, Dyan. We enjoyed our time on the water with you and your husband and you got to see a lot of amazing things like the Spinner Dolphins, manta rays, Bottlenose Dolphins, Spotted Dolphins, sea turtles and more. We hope to see you both out here again soon.

Cary, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience with Nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went out on 3 dolphin tours with Sierra and her captain. Each was vastly different, and wonderful. I did get fairly sea sick the second time, but that did not stop me from going a third time. We swam with a huge school of fish, with dolphins, and saw many sea turtles, sea snakes and Manta Rays. It was wonderful to go out with someone that knows so much and cares so much about the marine life. I plan on doing this again, hopefully this year! Sierra is wonderful and you can tell she LOVES her job!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lisa D
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Lisa, it was such a delight to have you back a second time. You are a delight to be with and we hope to see you a third time soon.
Lexington, Kentucky
“A Close Encounter with a Manta Ray”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Sierra and her Divine Dolphin captain were wonderfully skilled at locating dolphins offshore of Drake Bay/Osa Peninsula. We saw many adorable babies that showed off all of their best "superstar" moves above water for us all to oooo and ahh over. While the dolphins were not in the mood that day to be encountered personally underwater, we had the biggest surprise of our trip when a very large Manta Ray swam directly towards us, coming closer and and closer to us as we snorkled on the surface of the water, far out from shore. Sierra helped to attract him with her singing, and he literally was within reach for what seemed like an eternity, as he just watched us; his face paralle with our own. I could appreciate details of the skin, the eyes, and his movements that could never be captured on film or video, and I have never been closer to a "wild" animal who was completely without fear, and just as interested in me as I was in them. I was in a hypnotic trance; the peaceful countenance of this animal left me with the realization that the experience was a gift I would never forget. Sierra is a soul sister, and I was so sad to leave, but looking forward to the next experience already, for when the whales return!

Visited May 2012
What an amazing experience we had with that manta ray that day... thank you for being a part of it with us and thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.
Italy
“Perfect connection with nature”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

You will feel part of the oneness with all beings and nature! What an amazing experience! Being with all those dolphins & whales really gave me so much. So magical and the joy I felt inside was immense. Sierra and her team really make you feel at home, and with her knowledge she makes this experience even greater. The boat captain is very experienced and together with Sierra they make a perfect radar for dolphins & whales! It's also good that they are contributing to conservation and the well fare of the marine life. You really feel amongst lovers of the ocean & they fully respect it. Dolphins surely feel this and love to be around the boat, leaping and playing with joy!

Visited March 2012
Monique, we miss you!!! We hope you will come back soon. Spending those days on the ocean with you, with someone who loves the dolphins and whales as much as we do, was a delight and a pleasure. And it was definitely also YOUR energy that brought so many to us while you were here. We look forward to seeing you again. Sending LOVE to Italy!
Nelson, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An extraordinary cetacean love affair!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Our cetacean tour is guided by Sierra who i believe is actually a mermaid. She's a jungle girl who turns into a mermaid when she enters the water. She has an innate connection with our finned friends and has an intuitive knowing of where they like to hang out. She's been doing this for a long time; she knows these beings well and has a deep love and respect for them. Sierra tells us about the large number of various cetaceans in the area and goes over the etiquette for our tour, then she takes a seat at the bow of the boat for lookout. The lush jungle cascades into the turquoise water and I feel the warm breeze caressing my skin as we move away from land and head to the open sea. Bob Marley's singin' and i feel perfect as we journey to find our friends. I hear Sierra squeel and I looked past the bow to see dolphins leaping out of the water and my heart skips a beat. Coming closer, I can hear them above the water like a galactic symphony of alien sound. They're everywhere!! We've entered their haven and we are invited to join them. The captain of the boat respectfully moves with the pod and the party is just getting started! We hear a blow and looking beyond the jumping dolphins is a huge spray of water. I am elated as i realize that the dolphins were escorting a pod of pilot whales! It's such a magical sight to be surrounded by these joyous, mystical, beings. When we are sure that we are invited to come join them, we suit up and slip into the water. The first sight makes my heart explode in bliss. I look down and there's layers of dolphins below me and around me. Then, a ginormous entity slowly glides towards me with her calf and i am just floating waiting for them. The energy in the water is full. I can feel the buzzing of the sonar moving through my body as the dolphins checked me out with an imprint. The whales approached and i moved right along with them. Mama looked right into me, right into the core of my being and my heart blasted open in the presence of her grace. What a tremendous privilege! Divine Dolphin respects the privilege of being in the presence of these wondrous creatures. Sierra and her crew have the highest respect, love and devotion to maintain a mutually beneficial relationship with our friends. Something that is crucial in a time where so much is taken for granted.

Visited January 2012
5 Thank maasaisis
DivineDolphin44, Owner at The Divine Dolphin, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Thank you for your beautiful description of our dolphin and whale experiences. We are so glad you enjoyed it and are looking forward to your return trip sometime soon. We want to meet that beautiful daughter of yours! Much love and many blessings to you.