“Fun and very educational”

The Night Tour with Tracie The Bug Lady
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Fun and very educational”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We booked our tour through the Drake bay Wilderness resort (what a gem!!), and we had an amazing experience. My daughter and her fiance joined my husband and I. We saw 3 snakes, beetles, frogs, a sleeping hummingbird (omg was that ever cute!!), many spiders including the very cool trap-door spider. Great stories accompanied each creature. Tracie and her husband Gian have the utmost respect for these creatures, and are seriously amazing and a tour with them should not be missed! We want to go again!!

Chicago, Illinois
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked this activity through La Paloma lodge. Our family of 3 (12 yo daughter) really enjoyed the 2 hour walk with Tracie and her husband. We did see a variety of bugs and beautiful tree frogs, which we could not possibly find ourselves if we went looking. My favorite was a trapped door spider.

Tracie put some drama and spin into the walk so it was fun.

She was very careful about our safety and gave tips about what to do and not, which I really appreciate.

We highly recommend this activity.

Visited January 2013
Minot, North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The Bug Lady Night Tour is fabulous.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The tour with Tracie and Gian was my favorite activity of our trip to Costa Rica. That's really saying something because it even beat our boat tour to Bird Island on the Tempisque River -- and I'm a bird lover from way back. We learned so much on the night tour; Tracie and Gian are extremely knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. Put The Night Tour on your must-do list!

Durham, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One of the coolest experiences I've ever had, anywhere.”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This expertly-guided, info-packed tour was one of the major reasons my friend and I decided to come to Drake Bay. Tracie & Gianfranco are seriously passionate about what they do and conveyed their enthusiasm and knowledge about the insects, spiders, frogs, and other curious forms of life that we saw to every member of our group. This is a must-see for anyone with even a passing interest in biology, which should be most people who make it all the way down to Drake Bay. Make sure to email Tracie after the tour so she'll send along a list of everything you saw as well as links to interesting articles and science news. An absolute must-do. Make sure you schedule an evening for this tour.

1 Thank Alison Z
Drake Bay, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“If you are in Drake Bay you have to do these tour”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

These is one of the best tours that you can do in Drake Bay, Trace has a lot of knowledge and years of experience doing these tour. She was my mentor and the person who introduce me to the world of insects and the tourist business, because of her I became a Tour Guide 10 year ago.
The tour is good for all canes of people and specially for kids, a night out with Trace is like an introduction to a new world, the world of the nocturnal critters.
So if you are wondering what to do in Drake at night? Go and do a tour with Trace and learn a lot about those critters that most people won't take a minute to see without a sandal in their hand ;).

Visited January 2012