Finca Maresia
Hotels.com
$70
$300
  • Pool
Poor Man's Paradise(Osa Peninsula)
$114
$106
  • Restaurant
Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge(Corcovado National Park)
$390
  • Beachfront
La Paloma Lodge(Drake Bay)
Tranquilo Lodge(Drake Bay)
Drake Bay Getaway Resort(Drake Bay)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewspaellaother guestsrincon beachbig tablescarlet macawscosta ricalong tablebasic roomsuperior roomhorse riding tourevery eveningbahia drakemain deckcommunal tablegreat cookprivate deckbreakfast and dinner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights but wish to had more time to stay. Juan was our host, incredible and helpful person, he will arrange all you need to make your stay as pleasant as can be. La Finca, the rooms, the common areas, all was great. Breakfast was amazing, and dinners even more.

As a Tico, I have never experience the kind of treatment that I received. You can not ask for a better service.

I recommend Finca Maresia to everyone, you won't regret it. Drake's Bay is an incredible place to visit, and after you spend a couple of days you will be sad to leave.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We just returned from 2 weeks in Costa Rica, 1 week of which was spent on the Osa. We only stayed at the Finca Maresia for 2 nights, but I wish I had planned on longer. The Finca was lovely. The cabin design and the open air bathroom are truly unique and very comfortable. The meals are also very good and Juan was happy to acommodate my vegetarian diet, but the most enjoyment was from the very diverse and interesting group that gathered for conversation every evening. I'll plan on a longer stay next time!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We spent about a week in Finca Maresia. Our host was Juan. He was wonderful. He did all he possibly could to make our stay the best. He did the phone calls, set up the tours, and helped out with transportation. It was great to wake up in the morning to the sounds of nature and to eat breakfast! Dinners were always 4 course affairs, great system to drink what you want and mark it down, pay when you leave. No worries about soiled clothes, for a few dollars the staff does the clothes and they are in your room in the afternoon. The hotel deals in cash, but there is a safe in the room so there is no`problem. It would be hard to find better service and a peaceful place.

Room Tip: We had a superior bugalow, very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnM1914
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I have just come back form Drake bay, Costa Rica. I stayed in lovely B&B place called Finka Maresia. I travelled on my own and this was great place full of young travellers form all over the world. Every evening after a long, adventures day a big bunch of us would gather together at the table waiting for delicious 4 course dinner cooked by Juan the owner (only $15!).
We shared our stories of the day, opinions and recomendations sipping wine or cold beer.
The whole place is very spacious located little bit away form the beach. All the cabins/little houses are placed an adequate distance from each other and very close to the forest so you can feel the "breath of the jungle" every night!
There is lovely, scenic 15 min trail down which will take you directly to the beach. Juan the owner has got dog named Kira. Kira is a little bit older, local dog and she knows every stone in Drake bay. She was my best company and tour guide for 4 days. She is a very smart dog and she will show you everything around you just have to follow her. We become best mates during my 4 days hiking adventure around Drake.
Getting back to the cabins...beds are very comfortable with nicely design baldahims. Every house has got balcony with hamaks. Bathrooms are very stylish. Shower floor is covered with the stones so when you take shower you almost feel you are standingin the river. There are no nets/glass windows in the bathroom also. You see the forest just few meters away form you. There are nets and the cooling fan in the bedroom. Breakfasts are rich and deliciousand, will give you boost of energy for many hours. I really, really liked this placenad and I hope I will be back one day...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2012

We had a lovely 4 night stay here in a room with shared bathroom. Book early--we couldn't get into the bungalows and we couldn't stay as long as we wanted. But this room was quite fine. Finca Maresia is very simple and at the same time very elegant. It's a beautiful site and deserves at least one unplanned day to hang out and soak it in. You get breakfast with the room and you'll wind up eating lovely dinners here too. You can also get a picnic lunch for your out-and-about activities. This is a very special place with a budget price tag--the add-ons like beverages are offered quite reasonably. Yes it's a hike to the beach (and when we swam at the nerest beach we found we were sharing the water with Crocs.) Juan can connect guests with wonderful guides for all the attractions in the area. Book with him. We took the night tour with Gustavo, the Corcovado tour with Vincent and a boat ride to St. Josecito (very inexpensive as a group of 6 that he put together from hotel guests.) All were worthwhile. If you take the night tour early in your stay you'll learn to see and hear more on your own at other times. We didn't have a car and that was probably better for us--Drake roads are challenging. We flew into Drake Bay from SJO on Sansa (terminal is around the corner from the Int'l terminal in San Jose.) Juan had the cab pick us up at the airstrip (let him know your plans.) I took a boat to Sierpe from the waterfront--my companion flew out a few days earlier.

Room Tip: I'd have preferred to have a bungalow but I was happy we got to stay here and the room was very nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends