“An awesome experience!!! I highly recommend!”
Review of Waterfall Villas

Waterfall Villas
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Dominical
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami, Florida
“An awesome experience!!! I highly recommend!”
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Our stay at the Waterfall Villas exceeded my expectations! After spending three days surfing in Jaco, Waterfall Villas was just what the doctor ordered. We arrived in the middle of a rainstorm and were greeted by a young man with umbrellas who ushered us in to their common area. That was a good indication of the personal attention Fateh and Franco offer their guests. We stayed in the Jade Spa Suite which was absolutely gorgeous and the jacuzzi was on and ready for us to jump in. The place is pure zen. The waterfalls are your backyard so the sound of the rushing water and nature is your lullaby. It's hard to not be in a zen state when the sound of nature is your soundtrack. There are no phones, no internet and no TV. Fateh offers Kundalini Yoga classes every morning at 8am that should not be missed. After Yoga, Franco makes you a healthy smootie before breakfast. Take Franco's hike to The San Christo waterfall. It is a MUST DO!!! I highly recommend Waterfall Villas! I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Waterfall Villas for our honeymoon, and we could not have picked a better location. Our room--the Jade Spa Suite--was perfect. We had our own private jacuzzi on the porch which we really enjoyed. Our porch had a view of the river and we spent many hours sitting there and watching butterflies and birds. The waterfalls on the property are amazing, and there are walking trails as well. Now for the food...I'm a vegan and my husband is vegetarian. We've eaten at some very tasty vegan restaurants over the years, but I must say that the veg food here at Waterfall Villas surpasses anything I have ever had, even at the fanciest vegan restaurants. It was just incredibly fresh, flavorful and delicious every night. Fateh's yoga class was very enjoyable--she is a great teacher--and she and Franco were both incredibly helpful at every turn. Everything was seamlessly organized and planned. The lava rock massage we received as part of our honeymoon package was excellent, and the spa room they have constructed for such massages is really well designed and a great space. Overall this place is wonderful--they have attended to every detail, from the architecture and decorations to the fresh flowers every day on the tables. A great place, and perfect for a honeymoon--especially if you want peace and quiet, natural beauty, and privacy. Loved it! Be sure, however, that you are prepared for a full retreat from electronic and mass media. No tv, email or phones here. Dominical, however, is a short drive from here if you need to connect.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank indophile1979
Warrenton, Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Had read lots of reviews on Cascadas Farallas before our visit, and I have to say there's not much to add. Everyone was spot on! The room we stayed in (Jade Spa Villa) was very nice and relaxing (except be warned that the Balinese-style open bathroom might not be for very modest travelers). Balcony overlooking the water and rain forest was great for reading or just sitting. Saw lots of birds and butterflies. Jacuzzi was nice after our hikes and boat trips. The food was amazing. It was great to come back after a fun day out and look forward to a surprise menu. Yoga was very energizing in the morning, especially followed by banana pancakes or other delicious breakfast. Fateh is very good at explaining the benefits of each yoga pose and meditation. All the trips organized by Fateh and Franco were really fun -- and they were great at helping us figure out what to do on our free days. The spa treatments were great, and only added to our relaxation. I'd say I'd recommend this place to everyone, but I feel those who are not naturally laid-back, who'd have a tough time getting into a relaxed mind-set, or those who aren't into healthy, vegetarian food wouldn't have a good time. I'm glad to say we didn't run into anyone like that while we were there. Every person we met was very friendly and fun. Dominical is a really great town, and a short cab ride away. My husband and I definitely plan to go back, because it was the perfect place for us!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2010

The 7-day Kundalini Yoga retreat I attended was totally enjoyable, relaxing and rejuvenating. The personalized attention I received at the two daily yoga classes helped me progress to another level.

The balcony of my Golden Garden Suite looked right into the Rainforest and Falls. Falling asleep to the sound of the Falls was a blissful experience.

The meals, skilfully and artfully designed and coordinated by Fateh herself were all prepared from fresh produce. Vegetarian, vegan, fish and raw dishes comprised the variety of meals, all accompanied by a tall glass of juice (the great variety of fruit in Costa Rica made it such that the glasse of juice or mixture were always a surprise).

Franco is very efficient at booking any excursions you wish to go on, making arrangements for taxi pick-up or will even guide you to the exact place to take a bus in to Dominical !

The massages available are truly a treat. I had the Waterfalls Detox Deluxe accompanied by a papaya facial. I had the most rejuvenating sleep that night.

You can walk down to the Falls any time you wish. It will take you a while to explore the length of the Falls and discover every rock you can sit under to have the Falls shower you completely.

Of course, you can meet very interesting travellers from all over the world to share with if you so desire.

I felt very relaxed and refreshed after a week at Cascadas Farallas Villas and am very grateful to Fateh and Franco for making it such a unique, fun and healthy experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I have intended to visit the Waterfall Villas for quite some time now, but had not really had the time to make the trek to Costa Rica. Finally, my opportunity came, and as I viewed the photos from their web site, I was hopeful that everything would truly be as beautiful as the pictures were.

I was especially interested in the vegetarian cuisine and opportunities for detox programs. What I found was not only gourmet food, but a well rounded program with morning yoga, plus kind and attentive hosts. I particularly enjoyed the main Bali style lodge that sits beside the river. It was so calming to be comfortable and listen to the sounds of the water. I especially enjoyed sleeping in that environment, and while there I experienced some of the most vivid dream states that I can remember in recent years.

My experience was that Waterfall Villas deliveres all that is promised from their web site, and more. Franco and Fateh have created a comforting as well as intriguing environment. The paths to the waterfalls are in much better condition than many I have encountered in Costa Rica. I was able to walk along the wataer securely and safely on a groomed path, and then sit on a well built deck and spend the afternoon surrounded by the exquisite natural environment that is so special to the country.

Thank you to Fateh and Franco for your care and attention to detail, and for sharing this wonderful place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Needed more green drinks, wanted more, 8oz was not enough for me
Snacks between meals
The lunch you sent us with on the way back to the airport was not worth 60 bucks
Swimming pool would be nice
Taxi were overpriced!!!!
Would of liked more activities then just yoga

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This was an absolutely relaxing and rejuvenating eco-resort vacation getaway. The rooms, and dining area relished with a Modern Balinese Style mixed with a Costa Rican exotic flare. The mixture of the vegan and raw food (desserts) included in our Package was very tasty and filling. The sounds of the waterfalls near our private balcony rooms was soothing to relax and fall asleep to. The owner Franco and his staff were very friendly, courteous and professional. Our package also included tour excursions that were invigorating, challenging and delightful (Canopy, Ziplines, Hikes to the Waterfalls, Boat ride to Cano Island, Deep Tissue Massage, etc.).. This was definitely an unexpected surprise within paradise hide-away. :-) I also absolutely loved the local authentic costa rican restaurants that catered to the vegan/vegetarian nutritional lifestyle (deep fried plaintain, yuca, beans and rice 'delicious'.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical
#7 of 14 in Dominical
Hotel Diuwak
Hotel Diuwak
#11 of 14 in Dominical

Been to Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!