We stayed at the Waterfall Villas from June 22-July 1 and it was the first time in "many" years that I can honestly say I relaxed completely without the phones, computers, TV, radio, etc etc. The ultimate in rejuvenation and "getting away from it all." We had the private pickup to and from the airport and I recommend that. No hitches.
Donald was awaiting us for check-in and got us settled in the dragonfly suite which we loved. All rooms have balconies overlooking the calming stream below. Our room had no A/C, but we enjoyed it just fine as we were provided with a nice floor fan we turned on us at night along with the ceiling fan. Very comfy. We had a resident small gecko who vocalized to us at night from the ceiling and I would chirp back at him. There is also a family of larger geckos outside the room which we enjoyed.
Fateh was away on a yoga retreat to Bali but husband Franco did a marvelous job of arranging all of our excursions for us and even led us personally on the hike to Nauyaca Waterfall which was amazing. Franco is a true naturalist and knows his native Costa Rican flora and fauna well and it was such a treat to have him point out interesting flowers, fruits, plants, and wildlife along the way. I must warn you though, that you better be in pretty good shape to hike the trail OUT of the falls as it is a somewhat challenging uphill trek all the way.
Other excursions we did included a trip to Corcovado National Park, Manuel Antonio National Park, and whitewater rafting, all of which were great! If it is your first time to Costa Rica, I would say that out of all of these, the Manuel Antonio excursion is a must. We also walked the 2 km to the Reptilandia reptile park just up the road from Waterfall Villas. We highly recommend that--tell the owner Quetzal, that Ted sent you.
We also did the couple's massage along the waterfalls which was such a treat. The best massages we have ever had--anywhere.
The waterfalls on the property are very nice and make for some good photos. We found several species of toads and frogs, lizards, and even fruit bats, and many neat birds.
The food was absolutely wonderful! Hats off to Fateh for teaching the gals who do such an admirable job of preparing those delicious meals! Even though Fateh was not present, we could feel her touches around the property and with the decor in the room. We hope to meet her in the future.
I hit it off with Donald, Franco's brother talking about wildlife and whatever. He was such a treat to meet and visit with.
Can't say enough about this place and the people who are involved. So friendly and accomodating. I miss them already.
Being vegan made this all the better, but we did eat a couple of lunches in Dominical. If you are vegan, we recommend eating at Maracatu which had some very tasty vegan dishes. Another place is Chapys where we had an excellent vegetarian pannini. Wow!
Recommendations: Bring a deck of cards, insect repellent, water shoes for wading along the creek, etc. We spent quite a few afternoons watching it rain on our balconey and we read, talked and just relaxed. We also played a lot of rummy in the evenings. Terrific!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boutique Balinese style Eco-retreat with private waterfalls, just a few minutes to the beach. Accommodations are 6 luxurious Balinese tropical style suites housed in 3 villas, balconies facing the Waterfalls, some with Jacuzzi and AC. Specializing in Detox programs, Yoga retreats, Spa services, and organic Vegan meal services. The Waterfall Villas offers a romantic setting for Honeymoon packages, Waterfall destination Weddings, gourmet Raw foods / Vegan packages and Spa Detox packages. The property is a Romantic Wellness Retreat in the exotic jungle of Costa Rica where the energy of our very own private Waterfalls will resonate into your body, mind and soul with healing and rejuvenation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Waterfall Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas Hotel Dominical
- Waterfall Villas Costa Rica/Dominical