“Beautiful wedding destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edinburgh
“Beautiful wedding destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I got married at Waterfall villas on 7/5/12, and the journey all the way from Scotland was definitely worthwhile! - everything was arranged by Fateh as we wanted it, with a low-key ceremony; the flowers were gorgeous, the setting stunning, and a delicious meal was prepared for us afterwards, with even a wedding cake for two!
The rainforest resort is absolutely glorious, tranquil and natural; the service is exceptional, and the gourmet vegetarian food is out of this world. We didn't want to leave, and hope we'll make it back some day.

Room Tip: We were given a free upgrade and had the jacuzzi suite, which was perfect for newlyweds (we had trou...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Even before we arrived at Waterfall Villas I felt happy with our choice.
Fateh had been emailing us to find out what our needs were and she had lots of ideas for things we could do.
I had chosen Waterfall Villas because I loved the idea of being surrounded by water.
I also wanted to experience an eco conscious environment.
I eat vegan and I was really encouraged by the menu. I felt like I could indulge and that it would be a great place for my husband and I share a new experience.
From the airport shuttle to the midnight plate of exotic fruit and nuts, all details were taken care of. When my husband saw our jacuzzi tub and the beautiful decor of our room his holiday had already begun.
Breakfast could be a Goddess Green drink or eggs and tortillas. I am vegan and my husband is not but we were both fulfilled by all that was on offer. My husband was so enamoured by the presentation and tastes that he devoured vegan lunches, desserts and now he has started creating his own raw dishes !
All day the sounds of the forest were available to us - frogs, birds, the rain. We could walk or hike to waterfalls. Early one morning I took my camera and spotted a toucan high in the trees - what a gift.
This is all at Waterfall Villas - we didn't have to go anywhere.
Hikes were organised for us.
On these easy hikes we saw sloths, falcons, bats and monkeys.
I was happy to return to Waterfall Villas and find a frog on the step in front of my room.
The peace at Waterfall Villas allowed nature and our spirits to rest.
I had incredible ayurvedic massages with Raquel and Marilyn.
Eating healing foods, listening to healing sounds rejuvenated our spirits.
I had morning yoga with Fateh where I learned how to take care of my body.
Her husband Franco drove us to our guided tour giving us valuable local information and making sure we had everything we needed.
He was generous in sharing how Waterfall Villas has evolved and his plans for the future.
While I was there I planted fruit trees.
Seeds of growth were planted in our souls, in our minds and in our bodies. The healing we experienced in our hearts was due to the beautiful dream called Waterfall Villas that Franco, Fateh and their team create with welcome from their hearts.
I guess you'll just have to experience it for yourself !

Regina and Broncyn
Canada

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Regina755
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

Fateh and Franco have done a fabulous job creating the Waterfall Villas. The property is off a good paved road about 5 minutes drive up from Dominical. The thoughtful design and layout of the buildings along the waterfalls and cascades envelopes the guests with the soothing and relaxing sounds of the falling water. I was amazed at how close yet how private each of the rooms were. The interiors are tastefully decorated in a Balinese style with high quality bedding and towels. Franco was very welcoming and the staff was all very accommodating and helpful in suggesting and arranging tours and excursions. Saving the best for last....the food was incredible! They have developed a great menu and deliver delicious raw, vegan and vegetarian offerings as well as dishes with meats. We spent 4 nights and could have easily stayed longer. Can,t think of a nicer place if you were a honeymooning couple looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

When my husband and I were planning our honeymoon we dreamed of a tropical location that could cater to our vegan lifestyle - but were skeptical that a place like that even existed. That is why finding the Waterfall Villas was the best thing that could have happened to us. The last thing you want to have to worry about while you're on your honeymoon is whether you're going to be able to find suitable food, so having the security of knowing that we had all 3 meals already taken care of was very reassuring.

That being said, the food was not suitable - it was AMAZING. Every meal was delicious - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Every meal my husband and I would sit down and dream about what they would be serving us that day. The Lasagna in particular, I remember being incredible. The desserts and juices were also exquisite.

The decor was beautiful, the room was charming and clean, and the grounds were breathtaking. We were there in August, so it rained every night but was sunny and beautiful all day. We found ourselves spending most nights relaxing and reading in our room - but we were so tired from our daily adventures that we didn't mind!

The adventures were everything we imagined they'd be - zip-lining, hiking to a magical waterfall, boating out to a pristine island, whale watching, National parks full of animals, and swimming at the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Tip: If Franco offers you sea-sickness medication for the whale watching - take it!

The staff were amazing. Fateh was very helpful through all the e-mails we exchanged, though she was not there when we stayed. Franco and Sergio did everything they could to make sure our stay was everything we wanted it to be - even when our passports got trapped in our room safe!

I honestly could not imagine a better honeymoon for people like us. Eco-friendly, vegan, adventurous, tropical, amazing.

Thank you so much for allowing us to follow up our perfect wedding with a perfect honeymoon!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gabrielle C
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2012

Wow, what a trip! This was the sort of rejuvenating experience where you come back feeling like your entire body, mind, and spirit got a good scrub-down.

My boyfriend and I stayed in the beautiful Dragonfly Suite for a week and enjoyed the food / yoga / meditation package. As vegetarians who dabble in raw food, we came in with high expectations and truly had those expectations exceeded. Each meal was thoughtfully and deliciously created and left us feeling light yet full – a great balance. We also eagerly looked forward to the fresh fruit juices that accompanied each meal, as well as the fresh coconut juice each morning.

The owners Fateh and Franco and the rest of the staff consistently treated us with impeccable hospitality and warmth. Soulful and experienced, it was a delight to interact with Fateh and Franco on a regular basis: Fateh expertly instructed each day’s stimulating yoga and meditation, while Franco was our fearless guide on a hike to a nearby waterfall. During the planning stages of the trip, Fateh was incredibly detail oriented and responsive, letting us customize our package to meet our specific travel desires.

While at the site, we took advantage of the opportunity to meet with a shamanistic practitioner who specializes in soul retrieval, which is based on the belief that pieces of our soul leave us when we endure traumatic life experiences. Both my boyfriend and I partook in this individually, going in slightly skeptical but leaving with the feeling that something very special had just taken place. Sabina, the shamaness, spoke with alarmingly accurate language about life experiences where I may have lost pieces of my soul. Luckily, they were apparently eager to re-join the rest of me during her ritual. I can see this particular ceremony seeming odd to some people, but we left being very grateful for the experience. I truly do feel more whole from it.

As more tactical advice goes, I’d recommend renting a car from the airport and enjoying the beautiful ride to Dominical. We also enjoyed having a car because it would have been a very long walk to the beach. At the beach, we indulged in paddleboarding lessons from a local, as well as surfing during the day. We had a wonderful couple’s massage at Waterfall Villas overlooking a waterfall one afternoon, which made for an idyllic setting. Finally, I would also recommend packing ample sunscreen to shield the fierce rays, as well as a few good reads – the sweetly languid days were perfect for taking in a few uplifting books.

In summary, I can’t say enough about the wonderful staff, the beautiful site, and the positive energy abounding at Waterfall Villas. The memory of our days there has already been the subject of wistful daydreams since returning to reality this week!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Parker, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

My new husband Brandon and I were just married at the Waterfall Villas in February. I cannot begin to say enough about how perfect it was. Fateh, the owner, and I emailed for months to make sure everything was going to be beautiful and perfect. Fateh's attention to detail was beyond my expectation. I still cannot believe how dream like my wedding was. The wedding was just gorgeous. She helped me through every aspect of the wedding from the moment i booked the resort. All I had to do was provide answers to her questions and she made it all happen. She planned and helped me pick out everything. The ceremony, flowers, the menu, the cake. She found all the vendors.. flowers, band, hair stylist, nail stylist., restaraunt for the Rehearsal dinner...everything and even suggested additional accomodations for the guest that were not staying at the VIllas. The guitar band and local band she booked were absolutely amazing. We ate a wonderful,deliciousmeal while listening to the guitar band. There was tons of food and it was so good. We were all stuffed. It was so perfect, it felt like we were in a movie.

The rooms are beautiful. They are very unique, very clean, and luxourious. All of our guest were amazed when they went to their rooms. The staff is wonderul. All of our guest felt very welcomed by everyone and absolutely loved Sergio. If you have any doubt about having a destination wedding at this resort or even staying at the resort, I hope this review helps you decide. You will not be dissapppointed. If we travel back through Costa Rica, we will definitely stay at the Waterfall Villas. The resort is gorgeous and we have very beautiful and fond memories there.

Fateh, Franco, Sergio and other staff - I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding and stay there so inviting and perfect!!!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
chelmsford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, the food amazing and the people were great. I went solo to get away and unwind. Although I went alone I made friends. I did yoga, got a massage and started my detox (which I am still doing). It's a great place to start making changed in your life. The hike to the waterfall was awesome becuase the waterfall is just so beautiful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
Villas Alturas
TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge
Rio Lindo Resort
Rio Lindo Resort
#7 of 13 in Dominical

Been to Cascadas Farallas Waterfall Villas? Share your experiences!