I've been to Bella Vista Lodge more times than I can count over the past 8 years. I've spent weeks and even months on this magical mountain-top, hovering over the Pacific. The rustic retreat has a few great rooms in the main lodge and a two-story cabin a stones throw away (even more private with equal killer views). Let me be clear - BELLA VISTA is named for exactly what it is. The views will take your breath away and the raw tranquility of the jungle's heart beats 24/7. Oh, and SUNSETS!!!! Whether I'm in Dominical or at a local beach, I know to race up the mountain at 5:30pm everyday to catch the sun setting. It's really THAT magnificent every single day.
And then there's Bert.... No one caters to your needs and has a nicer vibe than Bert. His cooking rivals anything up here in NYC. Imagine freshly caught fish with a basil-tamarind coconut or mango glaze...?? Home-made bread? Freshly steamed broccoli ? Finished off with a ridiculously rich home made pie or tart or mousse!!!?? In the jungle!!!!!?? I feel like I should keep all this a secret but... I won't. Everyone should get a chance to live this well.
Vincent and Julie are a bonus, as they are there for a bit and help with the cooking and chores. They couldn't be cooler and their energy along with Bert's will make you rethink your future travel plans. You'll stay longer than you intended, for sure. :)
Let's not forget the 4-leggers. I love 'em all! You will too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bella Vista Lodge is perched 1200 feet above Dominical with panoramic Pacific coastal views of Manuel Antonio to the north and the Osa Peninsula to the south. There are 4 guest rooms with private baths in the Lodge as well as the dining deck. Cabins are also available equipped with small kitchens as well as private decks. A truly authentic Costa Rica experience! Horseback riding to Nauyaca Waterfalls, white-water rafting, surfing, sport fishing, hiking, zip lining, birdwatching, whale watching, scuba and snorkeling--all within minutes away. Restaurant by reservation only. Fresh ingredients are gathered at the local markets -- fresh, fresh, fresh. Groups welcome! Family reunions, weddings, photo, music, cooking, and art seminars, yoga/spa/massage, and birdwatchers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bella Vista Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel Dominical
- Bella Vista Lodge Costa Rica/Dominical