Bert Woodson is the Proprietor of the lodge. His background is in restaurants and boy, does it ever show! Bert is a cooking machine, and the Bella Vista has a marvelous kitchen. The first couple of days of my stay, it was cloudy (it WAS the rainy season, after all) but it really brightened up for the last few days. I stayed in both the lodge itself and also in the cabin down front. The lodge is great if you like having some company and using wi-fi, and the cabin is just the thing if you want some more privacy. The cabin has two levels but no one was using the upper during my stay, so I had the place to myself. The cabins have two beds and a kitchen, which doesn't show well in my photos, and a deck which does. Plus a real monster view!
The lodge is where you go to be social with the other guests, and the bar and common tables make it very easy to be social. You can bring your own beer, if you want, and there's no problem with that. We also made daily pilgrimages down to Tortilla Flats at Dominical Beach, a popular beach club and featured under another review.
Bella Vista Lodge is a very reasonably priced place to stay. The rooms in the Lodge are only $45 a night, and the cabin is $75 per night. There are many places you can visit nearby, and Bert will hook you up with the horseback rides and other attractions. If you are tired of hotels then this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bella Vista Lodge is perched 1200 feet above Dominical with panoramic Pacific coastal views of Manuel Antonio to the north and the Osa Peninsula to the south. There are 4 guest rooms with private baths in the Lodge as well as the dining deck. Cabins are also available equipped with small kitchens as well as private decks. A truly authentic Costa Rica experience! Horseback riding to Nauyaca Waterfalls, white-water rafting, surfing, sport fishing, hiking, zip lining, birdwatching, whale watching, scuba and snorkeling--all within minutes away. Restaurant by reservation only. Fresh ingredients are gathered at the local markets -- fresh, fresh, fresh. Groups welcome! Family reunions, weddings, photo, music, cooking, and art seminars, yoga/spa/massage, and birdwatchers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Bella Vista Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bella Vista Hotel Dominical
- Bella Vista Lodge Costa Rica/Dominical