“Amazing Experience!”
Review of Costa Paraiso

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dominical
Costa Paraiso
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Dominical
Reviewed March 16, 2007

The best place ever. If you ever go to Costa Rica be sure to fit at least a couple of days in at Costa Peraiso. The staff are so generous and friendly and the view is breathtaking.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank Roosterhoff

Reviewed March 10, 2007

A buddy and I went to Costa Paraiso for a Christmas break (mostly to get away from the snow here in Canada) and it was all we could have asked for. The view was astonishing and the staff was fantastic.

Doug-las and Jennifer were very helpful in offering suggestions and could not do enough for us. We stayed in Coconut Cove - a cozy cabina that thankfully had air-conditioning, a must-have in CR.

They even had fishing rods that they let us use.

I can't wait to go back!!

Haldor Thorkelson, Calgary AB

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank hthorkelson
Reviewed February 23, 2007

I've been going to Dominical for several years now and stayed in the town, but this year I went with my girlfriend and wanted something more upscale and private, and I didn't want to deal with wierd people wandering around the streets. We spent four nights at Costa Paraiso and it was exactly what we were looking for. The location there is simply stunning. We stayed in the Toucan villa and we had an amazing view of the ocean crashing on huge rocks and an island from our deck. I haven't seen any place in the area that is right on the ocean except here. It's worth just stopping by to see the location. Our room wasn't big, but it had a king size bed that was very comfortable and the AC worked great. The kitchenette was pretty shabby, but they serve breakfast and we ate out the rest of the time so it didn't matter to us. The owner Doug and the manager Jen were very welcoming and even partied with us a couple of nights... defninitely a different vibe from what I've seen at other places. The only negative was that we didn't rent a car, so we needed to rely on taxis to go for food and sometimes it's impossible to get a cab. There are great restaurants close by though, so rent a car if you want to stay here. All around great place, highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank HoustonWanderer
Reviewed February 11, 2007

Wanted to let everyone know that this place is fanastic. As far as places to stay with a quaint on the ocean feel, they are second to none in the area!

Beautiful piece of land, great people working there---Jen, Doug and of course Tequilla the dog!!!! My new wife and I were lucky enough to swing into the Costa and blessed by their wonderful set up!

It was the perfect place for us to unwiind after getting married! It was great having beers and getting to know everyone there as well.....made us feel like family! Young owners and operated...great place to stay for the younger and older crowd. Real people with real attitudes......great experience!!!

Stayed: February 2007
6  Thank TWolvesBacker
Reviewed February 9, 2007

Wow, What can I say about Costa Paraiso!! My husband and 2 adult kids stayed from Jan. 22, 2007 till Feb. 07. Stayed in the Monkey room wouldn't stay any place but here. My youngest son lives in Uvita so we came to visit him. It's like family, Jennifer & Doug are the best, I'm thinking about adopting them both. The food in town is great, the beaches are the best. We did alot and Jennifer made all the arrangements for us. The wild life was amazing we saw toucans in the trees and the Iguanas are all over and very friendly, we even had a two-toed Sloth visit us one night it was just amazing. I would recommend Costa Paraiso to everyone. We'll be back soon I hope.

The Burns Family
Newport Beach & San Diego Calif.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank MonkeyButt-1
Reviewed January 17, 2007

Costa Paraiso is one of the prettiest places I have ever seen. We stayed in the Toucan Lodge. It was very clean and had everything you'd need on a vacation, including a fridge and a safe. The king size bed has a new mattress and is really comfortable. The air conditioner worked really well and kept us cool all night.

The beach by the hotel was virtually private. It was over mile long and you could walk the whole thing and maybe see 5 other people. The pool is very nice and larger than I thought from looking at the pictures online.

The managers went above and beyond all expectations. Doug and Jennifer were so helpful. They both went out of their way multiple times to make sure we had a great time.

I loved the little town of Dominical. We had some really good food, Italian, Thai, and Seafood. I was worried before I went about feeling safe walking around town and my boyfriend and I felt safe the entire time. Every person we met was so friendly.

I would suggest Dominical and Costa Paraiso to anyone that is looking for a piece of private paradise. I showed my parents the pictures from the trip and they are going there next month.

-Katie, Steamboat Springs, Colorado

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KatieCO-23
Reviewed September 2, 2006

Stayed here in April 2006, pre-paid for a week but it was so terrible we left after one night (and went to the Plaza Suites instead). There is no soundproofing between units, the furnishings are run down, maintenance is barely adequate and not clean, rooms are dark and smell musty. Location by the beach is great and rare in this area, but there are so many other beautiful places on this coast to choose from. This would be my last choice.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
CPManagement, Manager at Costa Paraiso, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2007

Costa Paraiso has been under new ownership/management since March of 2006. We have made major renovations to the pool area, main building and casitas and are continually working to improve your vacation experience. All casitas feature excellent air conditioning and have new beds.