“Cool Beach Hangout” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tortilla Flats

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dominical
Tortilla Flats
You added Tortilla Flats to your Saves list
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Dominical
San Diego, California
“Cool Beach Hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

This was the first place on our trip where we could relax and enjoy a drink after hours of flying, buses, and taxis. We got tipped off about the passion fruit basil margarita and dove right in. They are awesome! The bar is very layed back, a melting pot of international travelers, ex-pats, and locals. Right near the beach, a perfect place to unwind and take in the atmosphere. No telling who you might run into here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
La Jolla, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed a week here during the Easter celebration week 'Semana Santa'...I had no idea what I was getting into! I booked a room with two beds, it cost about $12 for the room per night. I stayed alone, so I was happy to pay double price just for the security of having my own room. I made friends with a group of great friends that week, in the restaurant and we had a great time surfing with the locals and experiencing this beautiful area!!! It is absolutely gorgeous here in Dominical...the surf was quite large, and progressively bigger and bigger as the week went on...also during the Easter week it was lovely, the whole town filled with people camping on the beach and partying all night long EVERY NIGHT (wish I had some earplugs there sometimes)....not really my thing, but it was fun to be a part of that. I really don't know why people give such poor reviews...the price is great, it's ocean-front, and nice staff, and there is running water and a toilet and a locked door...what do you really expect travelling here?

Room Tip: second level is the way to go. check the room before booking...duh
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kimmy H
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place has great cocktails- the basil margarita was to die for and I'll probably remember it for the rest of my life. The food was decent, not amazing but certainly not bad.

But, come on, what's with the surly Tica waitress?! I thought she was going to try to take me out back and beat me up. I didn't realize ordering a cocktail in a bar could infuriate someone so much. She was definitely a saucy little number.

We came back the next day because we were in the mood for more basil margaritas, and we were presented with yet ANOTHER unpleasant waiter. This time it was a stoney surfer guy, and he did not seem to care if we lived or died.

Whatever, Tortilla Flats is fine. I just think customer service should be like, somewhat of a priority.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
la playa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Located right in front of the surf you can check the waves from your window. The accomodations are a little less than average, but the price is right for what you get, a basic room with a door and a bed and bathroom. We spent most of the day at the beach which is right there in from of Tortilla Flats. The restaurante serves food and also has views of the waves and the beach, good place to relax with a cold one. Dominical is a small town and from Tortilla flats you are a short walk to everything you need. Pura vida.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Jackson, Mississippi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food was bad, the service was not good and the dont do separate checks, thatnis ridiculous.
It look like they dont care what the costumer want or think. I dont understand why they dont do separate check, al so they dont do devolutions. The fodd was nasty and the service was rude

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Dominical hotels

Bogota, Colombia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Found ourselves at Tortilla Flats (recommended by CNN Travel, but I have no idea why) this was unplanned and after a full day of driving we had to stop somewhere.. When we checked in, there were no towels, when I inquired back at the front desk, I was told that we had to pay extra for towels, and they only had one left! My wife would not even take off her shoes in the room, or in the shower. Worst bathroom facility ever, broken toilet, shower head held on by baling wire... wi-fi didn't work. There were no other rooms in the area, so we went to the bar, (which was fine, due to our Venezuelan waiter and waitress) We figured it would take at least 4 margaritas to spend the night there... five or six might have worked. The mattress compressed during the night and we woke up basically sleeping on a slab of wood. At 5am I got up and asked my wife if she was ready to go and she said, "Let's get out of here"... I read some of the other reviews and can only say that the prolific scent of pot may have something to do with that.

Room Tip: Avoid this place if you can....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marti_R_Cortez
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Cool hot spot in a surfer hang out. Great fun place across from the beach, good food,even vegan options, good service and just a fun place to people watch. Can't wait to go back again, we hope this trip. It's about 45 minutes from Manuel/ quepos, well worth the drive. Don't let the dirt road scare you, that's part of the fun.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank clscorz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dominical
MAVI Surf Hotel de Dominical
Villas Alturas
#2 of 13 in Dominical
5.0 of 5 stars 370 reviews
TikiVillas Rainforest Lodge

Been to Tortilla Flats? Share your experiences!