After a very long travel from Denmark/Europe we were picked up at San Jose/Alajuela International Airport by Edgar, the driver from Villas Rio Mar. You won't find a better driver, kind and pleasant.
After a bit more than 3 hours drive, through this beatiful country, where we furthermore stopped halfway for a coffee/snack brake at the famous bridge where you will see crocodiles, we arrived to Villas Rio Mar.
This beatiful resort have all you need for a comfortable and fantastic holiday. Both our 2 children, 12 and 14 years, and ourself enjoyed our stay at Villas Rio Mar.
They have the most beatiful and nice receptionists - I tell you!
They have a fantastic restaurant serving the excellent local Tico meals as well as a variaty of international dishes, served by very very nice waiters.
There is a bar, pooltable, beatiful swimminpool surrounded by an impressing and very tastful Rainforest Garden with lots of colourful birds.
The apartments/rooms are nice and placed very charming around the resort, and we enjoyed listening to the wildlife from the rainforest in the nights and early mornings - fantastic.
There are many many good tours avalable, which can be arranged by the reception.
Especially recommendable in our opnion is: Tropical Safari, Fly with Toucans (Zip Liners), Snorkling at Cano Island (Isla del Cano), Cayak tour in the Mangrove, Manuel Antonio National Park. All tours which are very very interesting, fantastic and good also for children.
Also remember to rent Boogie Boards at the reception and have good fun at The Sufrer's Beach, just walking distance through charming Dominical...that's it!
We wished to stay longer - we wish to come back to Villas Rio Mar again one day - we just love you - and Costa Rica - Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominical ***Eco-Hotel Resort near Uvita & Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Relax in true nature while enjoying a wide range of amenities! Villas Rio Mar is an internationally recognized 3 Star Eco hotel located in a stunning natural setting; an easy 10 minute walk from the fun and the beach of Dominical. Whether traveling as a couple or with family, Villas Rio Mar offers a wide range of amenities guaranteed to make your holiday worry-free and enjoyable. Our hotel includes 52 rooms and can also host medium-sized groups. Our spacious tropical gardens provide privacy and include many beautiful plants, flowers, and birds, which one can observe from outdoor patio areas located in front of the rooms. One of the best restaurants in the area, El Rancho, is located at Villas Rio Mar. The area offers a wide array of leisure and adventure activities including beautiful beaches, four National Parks, and many other nature & wildlife reserves. A wide range of amenities: spacious tropical gardens, jungle trails, large swimming pool with pool bar, quality restaurant & bar (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks), international sports programming, room service, billiard table, darts, foosball, kids’ play area, mini golf, outside gym, tennis court, tour & transport services, massage, nail studio, and other body treatments. 4 room types to choose from: 48 of the 52 rooms have an outdoor patio area with garden views, rooms with AC & TV available, family-sized rooms available (limited), rooms with kitchenette available, mini-fridge and ceiling fans in every room Great price for an excellent service: professional staff, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, complimentary parking, free rental car drop-off (airport & Villas Rio Mar), group discounts available, seasonal discounts; May>Dec. 15th, book now & pay later! Beautiful, easily accessible, with lots to do: - Stunning natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, and nearby tropical jungle teeming with exotic wildlife - Many beaches, national parks, and adventure tours - Easily accessible from SJO International Airport via newly paved roads (<3 hours) - 10 min. walk to Dominical - 15 min. walk to the beach - Relaxing natural setting - Private and secure Meetings & Events: conference room & event planning services for businesses, weddings & private events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical