All reviewsbig pooltennis courtslarge riverbeautiful groundsjunior suiteswim up barmaintained poolmosquito nettingtypical costa rican breakfaststandard roomenjoyed our stayrice and beanssurrounded by naturemini fridgesitting arearooms are cleangreat pool
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

We so enjoyed our stay here. It was very clean and restful. The cicadas were musical. The food was great. The grounds are beautiful. The staff was warm and welcoming. This was the last place we discovered in our two month in CR, and we wished we had allocated more time in this area because of the serenity.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barb A
MEsquivel, Manager at Villas Rio Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. For us was a pleasure to had had you here. Thanks for visit us, we hope see you soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2017

Great place to stay on Pacific where it is gorgeous yet quiet and soothing. Very accommodating staff, great restaurant and very clean. It was a very good experience staying there. I would plan to stay there again and would recommend it to others. Only surprise was all dining is done in outside restaurant where it is always humid, unless you get room service. Also have nice bar and restaurant setup.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank GLPenley
MEsquivel, Manager at Villas Rio Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Many thanks for this great comment. It was a pleasure that you could enjoy with us. We hope see you soon. Thank you so much for visit us.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Wow! Where to begin....We were greeted by Jose at the front desk who's service was superb! My family and I were greeted with such happiness. We were given this delicious ice cold smoothie drink upon our arrival which was much appreciated after a long 4 hour drive from San Jose. Landscape was gorgeous and well maintained. My 5 & 9 year old occupied there time looking at the iguanas, birds,little lizards, pool and a cute little play ground for kids. While planning our stay Jose was so helpful and knowledgeable about different activities and places to visit for our family. Nice to see great customer service from everyone that worked there. Oh I didn't get the name of the lady who attended the restaurant and bar but her pina colada's were awesome! Plus always had a smile on her face and very attentive.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank SorayaTM
MEsquivel, Manager at Villas Rio Mar, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2017

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. How great that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was a big pleasure to had you here.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Great hotel find close to Dominical center. Comfortable rooms and excellent amenities
Pool and restaurant were nice as were the grounds
Excellent value in a great location
Included breakfast was a nice touch as well

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for take your time and comment us. We really appreciate it.

Reviewed March 29, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights here. What a lovely place. This is a very convinient location to the town. Lovely room...nice free breakfast included. On premises restaraunt.
What i loved most were the staff. Always friendly and smiling.
Evelyn set me up with a tour and went out of her way too make sure everything worked out. Sweatheart she is.
Jose at the front desk ..wow. What a nice young man. I had some problem you could say. He not only helped me to find a solution but gave me some very good advice. Very honest, genuine tico. His job description i am sure does not require giving advise to loca canadian tourist but he did. It is very refreshing to meet such genuine person on your travels. I will remember his advice forever..wish him and his wife a very healthy beautiful baby girl. I will come back to this place for sure.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank lesab33
MEsquivel, Manager at Villas Rio Mar, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2017

Many thanks for your beautiful comment, It was a pleasure to had you here. We hope see you soon.