I chose Villas Rio Mar as the location for my 70+ guests to stay for my wedding in Costa Rica in February 2014 and I am SO GLAD THAT I DID!!! The guests were all THRILLED with the hotel!!! I chose Villas Rio Mar because it served as the perfect location since guests didn't HAVE to get a car in order to stay there and get into Dominical (since it's a 12min walk) and if they did get a car it didn't HAVE to be 4x4 (which is the case for many hotels in the area) AND because it was both nice enough for my fancier guests but had cheap enough options for my less-wealthy guests! Everyone loved it - from the older family members in their 60s and 70s to the young 25 year olds! Estela, the most amazing hotel manager ever, worked with me endlessly to make sure everyone had the correct room and reservation dates AND she even went the extra mile by helping me make sure older guests were in the quieter rooms (farther from the pool) and the younger guests were closer to the pool and each other. The staff at Rio Mar was exceptional at every possible point. I was in the midst of crazy wedding planning and tons of people in town for the wedding and they were constantly helpful!! Truly, I keep getting comments from my guests about how much they loved the hotel and location and, more than anything else, I can say that the POOL was a HUGE hit!!! My friends loved getting drinks and hanging out at the pool while relaxing between excursions - it was the perfect meeting place!
In addition to being the most amazing place to lodge guests, Villas Rio Mar (particularly the lovely Estela and Eilyn) also assisted in coordinating many of the details for the beach ceremony itself! I chose the location on the beach (a spot not far from Dominical) and they worked with me to figure out how many chairs I needed, they got the chair covers and the colorful chair ties (to match my wedding colors) and the flowers. They met me at the site a few days before the ceremony to talk through the set-up to make sure everything was exactly to my specifications. Then, on the day of the ceremony, I have never seen anything more beautiful in my life! It was set-up PERFECTLY! Everything was gorgeous and just as I'd envisioned it would be! I'm SO SO SO grateful for everything Estela, Eilyn and all of the Villas Rio Mar staff did to make my wedding day and week as relaxing, beautiful and memorable as it was!!
I whole-heartedly recommend Villas Rio Mar as a GREAT place to stay for groups and a wonderful partner in wedding planning/set-up! They're the best!! Thanks, Estela & Eilyn, you are WONDERFUL! Besos a todo!
THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominical ***Eco-Hotel Resort near Uvita & Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Relax in true nature while enjoying a wide range of amenities! Villas Rio Mar is an internationally recognized 3 Star Eco hotel located in a stunning natural setting; an easy 10 minute walk from the fun and the beach of Dominical. Whether traveling as a couple or with family, Villas Rio Mar offers a wide range of amenities guaranteed to make your holiday worry-free and enjoyable. Our hotel includes 52 rooms and can also host medium-sized groups. Our spacious tropical gardens provide privacy and include many beautiful plants, flowers, and birds, which one can observe from outdoor patio areas located in front of the rooms. One of the best restaurants in the area, El Rancho, is located at Villas Rio Mar. The area offers a wide array of leisure and adventure activities including beautiful beaches, four National Parks, and many other nature & wildlife reserves. A wide range of amenities: spacious tropical gardens, jungle trails, large swimming pool with pool bar, quality restaurant & bar (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks), international sports programming, room service, billiard table, darts, foosball, kids’ play area, mini golf, outside gym, tennis court, tour & transport services, massage, nail studio, and other body treatments. 4 room types to choose from: 48 of the 52 rooms have an outdoor patio area with garden views, rooms with AC & TV available, family-sized rooms available (limited), rooms with kitchenette available, mini-fridge and ceiling fans in every room Great price for an excellent service: professional staff, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, complimentary parking, free rental car drop-off (airport & Villas Rio Mar), group discounts available, seasonal discounts; May>Dec. 15th, book now & pay later! Beautiful, easily accessible, with lots to do: - Stunning natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, and nearby tropical jungle teeming with exotic wildlife - Many beaches, national parks, and adventure tours - Easily accessible from SJO International Airport via newly paved roads (<3 hours) - 10 min. walk to Dominical - 15 min. walk to the beach - Relaxing natural setting - Private and secure Meetings & Events: conference room & event planning services for businesses, weddings & private events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical