We stayed at Villas Rio Mar for 3 nights while on a tour with G Adventures.
The hotel grounds are beautiful and very well manicured. We saw a variety of birds, wildlife, flowers and trees on the property daily. Our room was comfortable with 2 king sized beds (not everyone had this thought). Each room also had an outdoor patio with a table, chairs, sink and mini-fridge all enclosed with mosquito curtains. We spent almost every evening on our patio and enjoyed it immensely.
The pool was fantastic! It was refreshing and fun to float around on the pool noodles that are provided.
The staff at the hotel was helpful and pleasant, especially Stella (manager) and Samantha (waitress).
We walked to the beach/town one day and it took about 15 minutes. Great to wander around the shops are have a drink on the beach.
To stock up on supplies, visit the grocery store up on the main road (beside the ATM). The variety and prices are much more reasonable than the small grocery store in town.
Highly recommend this hotel for a relaxing, tropical vacation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dominical ***Eco-Hotel Resort near Uvita & Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica Relax in true nature while enjoying a wide range of amenities! Villas Rio Mar is an internationally recognized 3 Star Eco hotel located in a stunning natural setting; an easy 10 minute walk from the fun and the beach of Dominical. Whether traveling as a couple or with family, Villas Rio Mar offers a wide range of amenities guaranteed to make your holiday worry-free and enjoyable. Our hotel includes 52 rooms and can also host medium-sized groups. Our spacious tropical gardens provide privacy and include many beautiful plants, flowers, and birds, which one can observe from outdoor patio areas located in front of the rooms. One of the best restaurants in the area, El Rancho, is located at Villas Rio Mar. The area offers a wide array of leisure and adventure activities including beautiful beaches, four National Parks, and many other nature & wildlife reserves. A wide range of amenities: spacious tropical gardens, jungle trails, large swimming pool with pool bar, quality restaurant & bar (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks), international sports programming, room service, billiard table, darts, foosball, kids’ play area, mini golf, outside gym, tennis court, tour & transport services, massage, nail studio, and other body treatments. 4 room types to choose from: 48 of the 52 rooms have an outdoor patio area with garden views, rooms with AC & TV available, family-sized rooms available (limited), rooms with kitchenette available, mini-fridge and ceiling fans in every room Great price for an excellent service: professional staff, free wi-fi throughout the hotel, complimentary parking, free rental car drop-off (airport & Villas Rio Mar), group discounts available, seasonal discounts; May>Dec. 15th, book now & pay later! Beautiful, easily accessible, with lots to do: - Stunning natural beauty, gorgeous beaches, and nearby tropical jungle teeming with exotic wildlife - Many beaches, national parks, and adventure tours - Easily accessible from SJO International Airport via newly paved roads (<3 hours) - 10 min. walk to Dominical - 15 min. walk to the beach - Relaxing natural setting - Private and secure Meetings & Events: conference room & event planning services for businesses, weddings & private events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villas Rio Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas Rio Mar Hotel Dominical
- Hotel Rio Mar
- Rio Mar Hotel
- Villas Rio Mar Costa Rica/Dominical