“The absolute best experience of our amazing 10 days in Costa Rica”

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This was the very best moment of what was incredible 10 day visit to Dominical and the surrounding areas for our family of five. With three young kids ( 8,8 & 11 ) when we got out of the car to go meet the wonderful people at DWSC, I told my wife - "If they can each ride one wave today, I will be stoked". Within 15 minutes - ALL THREE WERE RIDING WAVE AFTER WAVE AFTER WAVE ALL THE WAY INTO THE SHORE!!!!. The instructors were gentle, caring, professional, obviously very skilled in working with children, and my kids had the time of their life. It was the best 2 hours of our trip. We had one free day at the end of our time there, and when I asked the kids what they wanted to do with our "flex" day, they all yelled, at the same time - SURFING!! The wonderful people at Dominical Waverider gave my kids something they will now have for the rest of their lives, not only the memories, but the love of the ocean, the art of surfing and the skills now to go back for the rest of their lives and enjoy this amazing gift they were given by our friends at DWSC. I couldnt recommend them any more, for new riders of any age - great people, great price, great instruction...experience of a lifetime! Pura Vida at its finest...

If you visit this part of the country, I think 50 out of 50 "5 star" reviews says it all. Dont miss it.

Dave & Heather Mosrie Austin, TX

DominicalWaverider, Owner at Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you for the amazing review, we are so happy to hear that surfing with DWR was the best part of your family trip. We love what we do, so teaching others to surf is fun and rewarding. I hope they surf every opportunity they have, they did great! And of corse, we hope you will soon come back to surf with us again. Take care!

Dominical WaveRider Team

There are newer reviews for Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I nerve really believed I'd be able to surf but in my first lesson Andrew got me up and surfing within the first hour! Andrew and Jeanine are rock stars!

DominicalWaverider, Owner at Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for trusting us to teach you surfing. Andrew and Jeanine are amazing surfing instructors, no doubt! You did great, keep surfing and practicing in New York. We can't wait to surf with you next time you come back to Costa Rica!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I've always been afraid of surfing, but after seeing my 3 years old girls taking lesson and having so much fun, I've decided that I've got to stop all my excuses, get a rash guard and try surfing. I love it now! Thank you so much Jeanine for being such a great and fun teacher.

Thank you for choosing us for teaching your family to surf. We had an amazing time surfing with you all and see you improving every week. We can't wait to surf with you next summer!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Jeanine & Andrew were recommended by a long time resident in the area and boy did they exceed our expectations. Our girls had never tried surfing before, but Jeanine made them feel right at home and safe on the long boards. This was a last minute idea we had, but boy were we happy when they said this was on of the best things they did on this amazing trip. The surf was perfect, the training was fantastic and the sun set was to die for. We will be back for Suring 2.0 with Jeanine and Andrew next year. THANKS !!!!!

1  Thank mtaylo10

We are so happy to hear that surfing was the best part of the girls trip. Thank you for sharing that with us! We are looking forward to see you again next year!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Jeanine and Andrew, long time residents of our area, are fabulous trainers for kids and adults alike. They have taught numerous people from all over the world to surf. All of my foreign visitors come back raving about their time in the water with them....including my daughter. Besides making sure you have a great day out in the water, they engender self-confidence by teaching skills and techniques to last a lifetime.

If you have ever thought about trying to surf, now is your chance to learn! Do not hesitate, you won't regret it!

Thank You for the review, we are very glad to hear that! We also have a blast every session we spend in the water coaching you and your daughter. We look forward for every session!

See you soon!