“I wish I Could Give DWR more than 5 Stars!”

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My friend and I just got back from a surfing vacation in Dominical, intimately taken care of by Jeanine. There is too much to praise so I will break it down to make it more palpable.

Dominical Waverider/Jeanine

From the minute we sat in the taxi to drive to Dominical, our experience grew more and more amazing. Jonny the taxi driver was super sweet, genuine and very accomodating. Stopping twice for us to buy fruit and groceries and even giving us a little gift as we arrived at Costa Paraiso. Jeanine and her husband Andrew were waiting and gave us a warm welcome and a printed out schedule of our surfing lessons for the week. It is really hard not to fall in love with Jeanine, she is so dang cute and full of enthusiasm. You immediately understood her love for surfing and Dominical and her only goal was for us to end the week with an incredible experience, Which we did-two fold.

Costa Paraiso- It is a little oasis, full of plants, trees, hammocks to get lost in reverie , and a view you only see in images. We bought most of our food, but Sandra the manager was very helpful with anything we wanted. The rooms were clean and spacious. Would definitely stay there again!

Jossue Vanegas! The bestest surf instructor ever! Exactly what you need to learn to surf. He was patient, thorough, enthusiastic, careful, and most importantly calm. He made the whole experience exciting and challenging and you could easily see his genuine love for surfing and his entire effort was to provide you with an incredible experience and get you up on the board! He is also a lifeguard, which of course makes any newbie feel that much safer with him next to you. I can't recommend him highly enough!

We did a few excursions, but the real highlight was the surfing. Jeanine took us around one day and we swung on a rope over a waterfall. Everyone we met through her was truly a gem. A reflection of the way she runs her business-only allowing the best and quality people to be associated with Dominical Waverider. My friend and I both will keep this vacation very close to our hearts, the surfing, Jossue, Jeanine, Costa Paraiso- it was all magical. I have been to CR before, but this was definitely one of my favorite if not the favorite vacation I have taken and I have traveled the world!

I only hope to visit again...soon!!

There are newer reviews for Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Learning to surf was the highlight of my trip! It was beautiful weather, everybody was really friendly, and the lessons were great. Jeanine is a natural teacher, she was so patient and encouraging. I wasn't sure how the experience would be ahead of time, but it was so fun and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was so lucky to have found this surf camp while visiting Dominical, Costa Rica this past winter. They have amazing instructors who have been surfing all their lives and love the waves. Within a few lessons I was well on my way to riding those big waves. They also put safety first! Surfing for me was a new experience since I am Canadian and did not grow up by the ocean, but I feel confident to call myself a surfer girl and go play in the waves by myself now whenever I travel all thanks to Dominical Waverider!!! Woot Woot. Thanks for the good times. xo

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have traveled and surfed all throughout Central America. I had heard that Dominical has consistent waves. So we contacted Dominical Waverider and I booked the ultimate package that was very affordable. These guys were awesome they picked me up from the airport, set me up in beachfront hotel took me to all the best surf spots, took me exploring to see waterfalls, rafting and hiking. This trip blew my mind, they went above and beyond my expectation. Whether you surf or just want to experience all Dominical has to offer you will have a rad time, I highly recommend Dominical Waverider.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Jeanine and Andrew of Dominical Waverider made our trip to Dominical, Costa Rica amazing! When it comes to surfing, these two are a dynamic duo. They have an excellent understanding of the area - the ocean and the local breaks, so whatever kind of wave you're looking for, they can tell you where to find it. As a beginner, they were extremely patient and kind in teaching the basics of surfing. Their love for surfing is contagious!

They were also wonderfully helpful in making our trip a true retreat. With impressive "customer service" they were happy to answer all of our questions and made very helpful suggestions on where to eat and various fun activities to do. Thanks to Andrew and Jeanine we got to enjoy awesome waves and beaches, eat great food, see multiple waterfalls, horseback ride, explore caves, and experience some great puda vida life for a week. I would highly recommend visiting Dominical and especially planning your trip with Dominical Waverider!