“Surfing the Wave! Woot woot”

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
Ranked #6 of 19 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was so lucky to have found this surf camp while visiting Dominical, Costa Rica this past winter. They have amazing instructors who have been surfing all their lives and love the waves. Within a few lessons I was well on my way to riding those big waves. They also put safety first! Surfing for me was a new experience since I am Canadian and did not grow up by the ocean, but I feel confident to call myself a surfer girl and go play in the waves by myself now whenever I travel all thanks to Dominical Waverider!!! Woot Woot. Thanks for the good times. xo

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"learning how"
"great photos"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"hour lesson"
"great waves"

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have traveled and surfed all throughout Central America. I had heard that Dominical has consistent waves. So we contacted Dominical Waverider and I booked the ultimate package that was very affordable. These guys were awesome they picked me up from the airport, set me up in beachfront hotel took me to all the best surf spots, took me exploring to see waterfalls, rafting and hiking. This trip blew my mind, they went above and beyond my expectation. Whether you surf or just want to experience all Dominical has to offer you will have a rad time, I highly recommend Dominical Waverider.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Jeanine and Andrew of Dominical Waverider made our trip to Dominical, Costa Rica amazing! When it comes to surfing, these two are a dynamic duo. They have an excellent understanding of the area - the ocean and the local breaks, so whatever kind of wave you're looking for, they can tell you where to find it. As a beginner, they were extremely patient and kind in teaching the basics of surfing. Their love for surfing is contagious!

They were also wonderfully helpful in making our trip a true retreat. With impressive "customer service" they were happy to answer all of our questions and made very helpful suggestions on where to eat and various fun activities to do. Thanks to Andrew and Jeanine we got to enjoy awesome waves and beaches, eat great food, see multiple waterfalls, horseback ride, explore caves, and experience some great puda vida life for a week. I would highly recommend visiting Dominical and especially planning your trip with Dominical Waverider!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have visited Dominical a few times, and on each occasion Jeanine and Andrew have helped me find the best places to surf and given me all the information on local sites and activities. Andrew is the local Dominical lifeguard captain and they're very much a part of the community. If you're looking for beginner surf lessons or advice for the more experienced wave rider, Jeanine's patience with teaching is amazing (she's perfect with kids), and Andrew is a very skilled surfer and can help with finding the best breaks. They're also great to sort you out with the best local eats, waterfalls, activities and accommodations. They always organise me the best deal with transfers to and from the airport too, so I know I'm taken care of as soon as I land. I look forward to visiting again soon :)

See more reviews
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was recently in Dominical and wanted to surf some of the local spots and get a feel for the way the waves break. Jeanine and Andrew are great surf instructors. Jeanine is a very patient instructor for surfers at more beginner levels, whereas Andrew tends to work well with surfers at more intermediate levels. I learned a lot surfing with Andrew, and I'm a lot more confident now in my surfing ability. This was one of the best experiences of my trip, and I highly recommend it to those who want to learn the great sport of surfing, or to improve their skills.