“Best trip ever!!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Carlsbad, California
“Best trip ever!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I have traveled and surfed all throughout Central America. I had heard that Dominical has consistent waves. So we contacted Dominical Waverider and I booked the ultimate package that was very affordable. These guys were awesome they picked me up from the airport, set me up in beachfront hotel took me to all the best surf spots, took me exploring to see waterfalls, rafting and hiking. This trip blew my mind, they went above and beyond my expectation. Whether you surf or just want to experience all Dominical has to offer you will have a rad time, I highly recommend Dominical Waverider.

Visited April 2013

Detroit, Michigan
“Wonderful hospitality in a tropical paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Jeanine and Andrew of Dominical Waverider made our trip to Dominical, Costa Rica amazing! When it comes to surfing, these two are a dynamic duo. They have an excellent understanding of the area - the ocean and the local breaks, so whatever kind of wave you're looking for, they can tell you where to find it. As a beginner, they were extremely patient and kind in teaching the basics of surfing. Their love for surfing is contagious!

They were also wonderfully helpful in making our trip a true retreat. With impressive "customer service" they were happy to answer all of our questions and made very helpful suggestions on where to eat and various fun activities to do. Thanks to Andrew and Jeanine we got to enjoy awesome waves and beaches, eat great food, see multiple waterfalls, horseback ride, explore caves, and experience some great puda vida life for a week. I would highly recommend visiting Dominical and especially planning your trip with Dominical Waverider!

Visited March 2013
changing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Get all the Local Info”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

I have visited Dominical a few times, and on each occasion Jeanine and Andrew have helped me find the best places to surf and given me all the information on local sites and activities. Andrew is the local Dominical lifeguard captain and they're very much a part of the community. If you're looking for beginner surf lessons or advice for the more experienced wave rider, Jeanine's patience with teaching is amazing (she's perfect with kids), and Andrew is a very skilled surfer and can help with finding the best breaks. They're also great to sort you out with the best local eats, waterfalls, activities and accommodations. They always organise me the best deal with transfers to and from the airport too, so I know I'm taken care of as soon as I land. I look forward to visiting again soon :)

Visited May 2012
San Diego, California
“Good waves, good friends, and good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was recently in Dominical and wanted to surf some of the local spots and get a feel for the way the waves break. Jeanine and Andrew are great surf instructors. Jeanine is a very patient instructor for surfers at more beginner levels, whereas Andrew tends to work well with surfers at more intermediate levels. I learned a lot surfing with Andrew, and I'm a lot more confident now in my surfing ability. This was one of the best experiences of my trip, and I highly recommend it to those who want to learn the great sport of surfing, or to improve their skills.

Visited March 2013
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I have been to Costa Rica three times now and thoroughly enjoy this countries beautiful beaches and lush mountainous scenery. This was our first trip to Dominical. On our previous trips we pretty much lived by the pool and beach and ate out, but this time we really wanted to experience more of the local activities. With the help of Jeanine at Waverider we were kept quite busy. Everything we wanted to do she arranged for us and we were more than pleased with all of the arrangements. I was quite apprehensive to go on the Nauyaca horseback ride to the falls, but it was my favorite day of all!!!!! The massages that Jeanine arranged at our home were also a welcome treat. The area of dominical is a bit underdeveloped, but we came to love that and Jeanine provided us with some great places to eat.

Visited February 2013