“Amazing”

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
Ranked #6 of 20 Tours in Dominical
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I have been to Costa Rica three times now and thoroughly enjoy this countries beautiful beaches and lush mountainous scenery. This was our first trip to Dominical. On our previous trips we pretty much lived by the pool and beach and ate out, but this time we really wanted to experience more of the local activities. With the help of Jeanine at Waverider we were kept quite busy. Everything we wanted to do she arranged for us and we were more than pleased with all of the arrangements. I was quite apprehensive to go on the Nauyaca horseback ride to the falls, but it was my favorite day of all!!!!! The massages that Jeanine arranged at our home were also a welcome treat. The area of dominical is a bit underdeveloped, but we came to love that and Jeanine provided us with some great places to eat.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"learning how"
"great photos"
in 2 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"hour lesson"
"great waves"

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our family has now visited Costa Rica three times. We met Jeanine and Andrew our first visit and that personal connection gave us the confidence to go "off the beaten track" and really explore the Southern part of this amazing country. Jeanine helped us find fun and adventure that worked for the whole family. We had not even thought about trying to surf, but when Jeanine explained the lessons, and connected us with expert instructors, we were hooked!!

For our last two trips, we have trusted Jeanine with arranging our car rental (go with the Costa Rican companies!) and accommodations, booking tours and adventures, recommending places to explore and even finding a chiropractor when my husband put his back out! Having such a friendly, fun and knowledgable connection makes ALL the difference in making your vacation unforgettable.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Jeanine was outstanding in helping us plan our trip to Costa Rica. From day one, she was attentive to our budget, provided us with relevant information in planning our itinerary. She was readily available throughout our stay (Christmas) and regularly checked in with us. At one point our son got an ear infection on Christmas day. Jeanine provided us with medical information and even followed up that evening to see how we had made out.
Also we took surfing lessons. Our two older children found the lessons extremely helpful. Also I took a beginner lesson and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it! This was the result of the Instructor's excellent teaching skills. He broke up the lesson into manageable steps and by the end I was able to surf (smaller waves) with confidence . There is nothing better then learning a new sport to gain a sense of accomplishment. Thank you Jeanine and Surf instructors. We had one of our best family holidays ever!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had the pleasure of meeting Jeanine & Andrew while staying at a nearby vacation rental earlier this month. A special thank-you to both of you for regulary checking in with us during our stay, and for your recommendations on nearby attractions, activities and restaurants. A great couple who helped to make our visit to Dominical a very enjoyable adventure.