“The personal connection”

Dominical Waverider Surf Camp & Retreat
More attraction details
Owner description: Dominical Waverider have the best trained surf instructors in Costa Rica, our surf lessons are designed for all ages and levels. Owned by Dominical Lifeguard Captain, all surf instructors are certified lifeguards and experienced surfers. Whether you are new to surfing, need support moving into bigger waves or simply want to improve your surfing skills then our surf camp is the right choice for you! We offer surf vacation packages that will provide you with everything you need to get the most out of your time in Costa Rica, including surf lessons, yoga, accommodations, transportation, tours and adventures to amazing natural attractions. Immersed yourself in the "Pura Vida" vibes and come have a vacation of a lifetime with us!
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Our family has now visited Costa Rica three times. We met Jeanine and Andrew our first visit and that personal connection gave us the confidence to go "off the beaten track" and really explore the Southern part of this amazing country. Jeanine helped us find fun and adventure that worked for the whole family. We had not even thought about trying to surf, but when Jeanine explained the lessons, and connected us with expert instructors, we were hooked!!

For our last two trips, we have trusted Jeanine with arranging our car rental (go with the Costa Rican companies!) and accommodations, booking tours and adventures, recommending places to explore and even finding a chiropractor when my husband put his back out! Having such a friendly, fun and knowledgable connection makes ALL the difference in making your vacation unforgettable.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Jeanine was outstanding in helping us plan our trip to Costa Rica. From day one, she was attentive to our budget, provided us with relevant information in planning our itinerary. She was readily available throughout our stay (Christmas) and regularly checked in with us. At one point our son got an ear infection on Christmas day. Jeanine provided us with medical information and even followed up that evening to see how we had made out.
Also we took surfing lessons. Our two older children found the lessons extremely helpful. Also I took a beginner lesson and was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed it! This was the result of the Instructor's excellent teaching skills. He broke up the lesson into manageable steps and by the end I was able to surf (smaller waves) with confidence . There is nothing better then learning a new sport to gain a sense of accomplishment. Thank you Jeanine and Surf instructors. We had one of our best family holidays ever!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We had the pleasure of meeting Jeanine & Andrew while staying at a nearby vacation rental earlier this month. A special thank-you to both of you for regulary checking in with us during our stay, and for your recommendations on nearby attractions, activities and restaurants. A great couple who helped to make our visit to Dominical a very enjoyable adventure.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I live in Costa Rica and I go surf on the weekends in Dominical. The instructors from Dominical Waverider has been teaching me for few years now. They thought me a lot, pretty much everything I know about surfing, the ocean, and safety.
They really care about the clients and they are so passionate about surfing, it's contagious!!!
I feel so comfortable with them, they make everything to fit my schedule and my moms;)
It has been a great experience, I love surf with wave rider, they are the best!!!!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

What a day. Got all four family members up and surfing all the way to the beach in one lesson! Very friendly and very helpful.